I want to add a small shot

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
I'm making good power but i would like to run about a 50 shot. HAs anyone had any success doing this on an 04 Cobra? I know they have but i cant seem to find anybody to talk about it. I just want some advice, Anyone out there that knows anything put your 2 cents in please

udlose03

Established Member
almost done with my 50 shot, just need to hookup the window switch and get the bottle filled, I will let you know my experiences tho it will be with a 2.2KB...dont know if results will be the same.

RixSikcobra04

Do you have stock internals?...If they are you're gettin' pretty near the edge for them(IMO)with a 50 shot(you'll get more like 75rwhp with it through the Whipple and about 150 ftlbs). Do the math.

Do you have the fuel delivery for it?...I'd imagine you have at least 60 lb injectors which are fine, but now ya gotta start lookin' at your pumps, lines and rails. Again, IMO stock pumps/BAP and fuel lines and rails might be cuttin' it kinda close. Might consider upgrading those ifyou haven't already. FUEL DELIVERY AND OCTANE ARE KEYS for obvious reasons. Ya can't be sure if what ya have is sufficient until ya get it on the dyno, but better safe than sorry.

100+ gas, retard the timing 1-2 degrees. I personally have a MSD adjustable timing retarder mounted to my center console to 'tard when I spray and use no less than 100 octane(usually higher).

If you're doin' a wet shot, I've heard but have never seen any real proof of, that gas will slowly eat away at the teflon on the rotors of the Whipple. So that's something to at least think about.

A dry shot will require a re-tune or a flip chip of some sort.

You're gettin' up there in hp now, so ya gotta start thinkin' about all the other parts of the car that the strain of 700+rwhp will be throwin' down upon them.

Hmmmm, what else?....In a nutshell, you're car will handle it, but don't skimp on all the supporting mods. Jeez, your car will be nasty:coolman: .

SVTim

Beer Me!
Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
Do you have stock internals?...If they are you're gettin' pretty near the edge for them(IMO)with a 50 shot(you'll get more like 75rwhp with it through the Whipple and about 150 ftlbs). Do the math.

Do you have the fuel delivery for it?...I'd imagine you have at least 60 lb injectors which are fine, but now ya gotta start lookin' at your pumps, lines and rails. Again, IMO stock pumps/BAP and fuel lines and rails might be cuttin' it kinda close. Might consider upgrading those ifyou haven't already. FUEL DELIVERY AND OCTANE ARE KEYS for obvious reasons. Ya can't be sure if what ya have is sufficient until ya get it on the dyno, but better safe than sorry.

100+ gas, retard the timing 1-2 degrees. I personally have a MSD adjustable timing retarder mounted to my center console to 'tard when I spray and use no less than 100 octane(usually higher).

If you're doin' a wet shot, I've heard but have never seen any real proof of, that gas will slowly eat away at the teflon on the rotors of the Whipple. So that's something to at least think about.

A dry shot will require a re-tune or a flip chip of some sort.

You're gettin' up there in hp now, so ya gotta start thinkin' about all the other parts of the car that the strain of 700+rwhp will be throwin' down upon them.

Hmmmm, what else?....In a nutshell, you're car will handle it, but don't skimp on all the supporting mods. Jeez, your car will be nasty:coolman: .

How much power you putting out and what kind of shot are you running?

RixSikcobra04

SVTim said:
How much power you putting out and what kind of shot are you running?

I made 512/525 on blower w/20*timing and 91 octane. It made 713/843 on a 150 wet shot w/15*timing and 110 octane(201rwhp/318 ftlbs!!!). Temps and plugs looked fine! I've run the 175 shot a couple of times on the street but have no dyno numbers:eek: :burnout: . When I hit the dyno again I'll see...and if all goes well and I have enough fuel delivery I'd like to try the 200 pills. My motor is fully built and have upgraded fuel lines/rails and pumps.

SVTim

Beer Me!
Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
I made 512/525 on blower w/20*timing and 91 octane. It made 713/843 on a 150 wet shot w/15*timing and 110 octane(201rwhp/318 ftlbs!!!). Temps and plugs looked fine! I've run the 175 shot a couple of times on the street but have no dyno numbers:eek: :burnout: . When I hit the dyno again I'll see...and if all goes well and I have enough fuel delivery I'd like to try the 200 pills. My motor is fully built and have upgraded fuel lines/rails and pumps.

So you have one tune for the nitrous, no matter how bug of shot?

RixSikcobra04

SVTim said:
So you have one tune for the nitrous, no matter how bug of shot?

That is correct. I have one tune set for 91 octane(20*). I have an adjustable timing advance/retard module that I can control from the driver's seat depending on what type of fuel I have in the tank. It will advance or retard 7*. I usually have 100+ in there so I run the timing about 4* advanced to 24*total off the spray. If I'm gonna spray I simply dial the timing back to 15* right before I hit it. Everyone running N20 should have this module or something like it IMO.

SVTim

Beer Me!
Established Member
That think sounds awesome. I need to get one of those for my setups. Where did you get yours from?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Your fuel system better be up to par. You're close to its max right now if you're running the typical BAP, 60#ers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread