I want to tint my tail lights (06 F-150)

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
I noticed alot of you cobra guys have much darker tail lights then normal, can some one give me the curtosy of an explaination on how to do this?

thx in advance

-Dan

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
big ass sharpie marker....the kind you use on overhead transparencies work good too.

lightning_2001

Established Member
look on ebay.i saw these precut sheets of tint or buy the pieces that go over the stock tails..on my phone if not ide get you a link.just google it.

Z7What

Powered By Eaton
Established Member
I had a friend do mine. He sanded very little, mixed black paint with clear and sprayed them. Then cleared over them.

604738.jpg

Wayne

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
Vht would be the way to go, take the tails off the truck and spray in on coat after coat till you get the shade you want.

Cheapshot

Established Member
I bought Harley Davidson Taillights off of ebay for $75 shipped. They are genuine OEM HD tails too.

BEFORE
DSC05478.jpg

AFTER
DSC05480.jpg

Side by Side
DSC05479.jpg

If it turns out I want to go a little darker in the future I'll take my stock set in and get them smoked out.

fastsvt

Established Member
so vht nightshade is located at any pepboys and if after you spray it with nightshade is there any sanding done in order to get a nice shiny look, need a little info from beginning to end, thanks! ps. dont want to go to dark.

Users who are viewing this thread