I wanted another cobra but...

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Hopefully you guys wont run me off after I purchased this machine.
ABB41A07-CD25-4AD0-8C49-104286D74FD3.jpeg

I was searching hard for another Terminator but couldn’t pass this 2006 Z06. First yr of the 505hp LS7 stock just cold air.
33k Miles. Already purchasing the aftermarket ported heads with upgraded hardened steel guides, upgraded exhaust valves etc. Gotta love that “corvette tax” such crap.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats! Nothing wrong with a Corvette. Love them, both the C6 and the C7, but mostly the C7's.
So, what is this "Corvette Tax" I keep hearing about?

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Congrats! Nothing wrong with a Corvette. Love them, both the C6 and the C7, but mostly the C7's.

The higher the starting price of the car, the more it costs for individual parts and to mod it. I have the same problem with my Raptor. lol

EXCELLENT choice, OP. I've been debating picking up a C6Z for a while now.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The higher the starting price of the car, the more it costs for individual parts and to mod it. I have the same problem with my Raptor. lol
lol
Oh, that makes sense. Here I am thinking it's some sort of "tax" because one owns a Corvette. LMFAO

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Hopefully you guys wont run me off after I purchased this machine.
View attachment 1477774
I was searching hard for another Terminator but couldn’t pass this 2006 Z06. First yr of the 505hp LS7 stock just cold air.
33k Miles. Already purchasing the aftermarket ported heads with upgraded hardened steel guides, upgraded exhaust valves etc. Gotta love that “corvette tax” such crap.
I can’t get behind this purchase/transgression. Not because it’s not a Cobra, but because it’s silver. But it is a C6Z...

I’ve never noticed this before but what is that square thing below the side scoop? I

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
You think just cuz ya own a vet lets bump up every part an extra 30%. It’s dumb

You mean bronze guides or ms90 moldstar guides- both of which are softer than hardened steel. Congrats though
My mistake. Yes ms90 guides will be ordering those heads on Monday. Hand ported with hollow Ferrea stainless exhaust valves. Keeping same titanium intake valves. Installing head studs while I’m there. Advice?

Thanks for the compliments fellas. The Z stock would pull hard my pullied/ported Terminator. No offense just my experience. I still want a Terminator tho so...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread