I was meme'd again

jsimmonstx

Established Member
Haven't seen this before. Is the car fast? Or is it all for show?

It was an 11-second car before the blower. I suppose that's pretty fast (certainly the fastest car I've ever owned). I don't race it though, so yeah, it's all for show. We put it on the dyno and it smoked the tires before the clutch gave out, so no numbers.

(Secret - I don't even like drag racing)

gt347mustang

Established Member
It was an 11-second car before the blower. I suppose that's pretty fast (certainly the fastest car I've ever owned). I don't race it though, so yeah, it's all for show. We put it on the dyno and it smoked the tires before the clutch gave out, so no numbers.

(Secret - I don't even like drag racing)

Cool that you enjoy it!

Do you like the loud noises then? I guess I'm trying to figure out the appeal.

jsimmonstx

Established Member
Cool that you enjoy it!

Do you like the loud noises then? I guess I'm trying to figure out the appeal.

It's a 427 Windsor/Tremec swapped into a (base V6/auto) 2012 Mustang. The only thing still stock in the car are the fuel tank (not the pump, though), and the rear end housing. I did it because I'm old and obstinate. It makes a glorious noise (IMHO), and I think it's f*ckin awesome.

Before blower:

After Blower:

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
car looks like shit and doesn't seem to fit even after trying to see something decent in it.. Self-absorbed much? opinions are opinions but i think it looks like a white turd dying for attention like every blonde ditz in hollywood

1e6e9f08efd98e9e819ff5cd8a54dfda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsimmonstx

Established Member
Roll racing out at San Antonio Raceway tonight. You should come out and run.

Once more, I don't race it.

Besides that, I have the front springs out to replace them with something stuffer. I'm also waiting for new strut mounts (should be here Wednesday) because I'm also removing the caster/camber plates.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Once more, I don't race it.

Besides that, I have the front springs out to replace them with something stuffer. I'm also waiting for new strut mounts (should be here Wednesday) because I'm also removing the caster/camber plates.

did you have a problem with the caster camber plates, ride issues? I have GT500 strut mounts at the moment and camber bolts for strut/spindle, but still have some negative camber causing wear. Have been thinking of going to CC plates.

jsimmonstx

Established Member
did you have a problem with the caster camber plates, ride issues? I have GT500 strut mounts at the moment and camber bolts for strut/spindle, but still have some negative camber causing wear. Have been thinking of going to CC plates.

No problems with ride, but they don't cooperate when you're installing them (they come apart, and you spill ball bearings all over the place). Mine are from Max Motorsports.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Im certainly not confused... Neither was Ron Jeremy. He knew exactly what to do with his 10" LOL.

You on the other hand............

Glad you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread