IA2 TEMPS 03 TERMI

TL Terminator

Established Member
Hey everyone, new to the mustang world and picked up my first 03 cobra. It has a long list of mods including head cooling mod, intercooler, KB 2.8h. I'm seeing IA2 temps between 130 and 138 and it's been around 85 degrees outside. I also have a JLB cold are that is outside the engine bay. These temps seem a little higher compared to others. What are your thoughts?
rgMGpjG.jpeg
5VuFyux.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TL Terminator

Established Member
Hey everyone, new to the mustang world and picked up my first 03 cobra. It has a long list of mods including head cooling mod, intercooler, KB 2.8h. I'm seeing IA2 temps between 130 and 138 and it's been around 85 degrees outside. I also have a JLB cold are that is outside the engine bay. These temps seem a little higher compared to others. What are your thoughts?View attachment 1504029View attachment 1504030

JLT damn auto correct

TL Terminator

Established Member
Yes, it was. Just got it a week ago, it's in ohio now. Yea, yea, no pics yet...
But anyway, you guys think it's normal? Looking into a killer chiller anyone have any feedback on those as well?

MG0h3

Established Member
I don’t think that’s bad. Were you just putting around or is that after ripping on it?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
personally for ****ing around everyone in awhile i don't think its worth it, for someone who races constantly and needs every degree cooler he can get then sure.

Rambro

Established Member
I was seeing 135 after about 20 min of mixed driving today, no boost. Mid to high 80's and typical midwest humidity. Sitting in line at the bank with a/c on I was seeing 140's.

bigmoose

Established Member
You will get better heat transfer running straight water with water wetter. Just remember to add coolant come winter. I store mine in a heated garage so I keep it straight water all the time.

Dave.O

Established Member
I have been fighting this on and off for awhile, I do road course my car.
the only way to really fight it is to add additional vents to the hood, look up tiger racing. bigger intercooler and boxing it in help but is really minor effect until additional under hood venting is available

Users who are viewing this thread