IAC question

Nolacobra

Deep souf giggle
Established Member
Sence the IAC pull filtered air outta the intake jsut becuase its filtered . . coudnt I just put a small breather filter on the end of the IAC ?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Actually, I'm pretty sure I've seen that done before. No idea whether its advisable to do or not though...

Nolacobra

Deep souf giggle
Established Member
Actually, I'm pretty sure I've seen that done before. No idea whether its advisable to do or not though...

Excally . . ill post a pic for thos that dont understand :
RED = IAC / / / BLUE = IAC intake /feed line
iac2.jpg

Bascally the IAC pulls air from the intake because its filtered air,in theory the annoying black tube should be able to be removed from the IAC and a small breather filter should be able to attach there with no problems. . . but sence theres not a lot of info on this, Im checking here b4 i do it . .

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
You should not do that. If you pull the air into the engine and it does not go by the mass air sensor it will screw up the A/F calucations and that will not be good. It could also screw up the idle because the car is getting more air that the car can account for. That is why they pull it after the mass.

Nolacobra

Deep souf giggle
Established Member
Why do you want to do this?

A number of reasons, 1. dont like the look of it 2. the intake that is currently on the car is a P.O.S and i refuse to buy a new once sence i have a vortec kit sitting in side the house. . . im also trying to use the vortec piping and it dosnt have a secoundary hole on the peices im useing . .

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
You should not do that. If you pull the air into the engine and it does not go by the mass air sensor it will screw up the A/F calucations and that will not be good. It could also screw up the idle because the car is getting more air that the car can account for. That is why they pull it after the mass.

+1

It isn't so much that it is filtered but it is metered.

Users who are viewing this thread