IAC Relocation Anyone?

Chappy

Established Member
Anyone done an IAC relocation on their car? I'm doing a custom install where I would like to remove the IAC from the top of the plenum completely. Would it be as easy as just plumbing a port from before and after the TB to a plate where the IAC installs?

Thanks in advance.

greengt88

Established Member
why not just buy the dragon performance, throttle body and plenum, it moves the IAC to the underside and gives you 15-20 more hp, kills 2 birds at once.

Chappy

Established Member
I've considered the dragon TB. I've already got a Accufab TB/Plenum. I'm going to have to modify (or make a new) the plenum as I need to change the angle at which the TB points when it comes off the engine (currently the tb points right at the shock tower with not much room to work with).

If it is as easy as just having a line going from before and after the TB to the remote IAC, this might be the easiest way to go.

BTW, this is an 03 Cobra engine going into a 70 Mustang Fastback.

IMG_5389.jpg

Chappy

Established Member
Mustang II front end, delete shock towers. Thats my plan.

Decided against a MII front end. I've actually got an AJE Racing suspension for the front, gets rid of the upper control arm, goes to a coil over strut, SN95 front hubs, rack, brakes, etc.

A MII would definitely solve the problem though. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread