IAC valve--what does it look like?

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
I have the goofy stall thing happening and have searched on here to find that it might be the IAC vlave but what does it look like and where is it located? I've seen the thing on the throttle body and the thing near the MAF and so on and so forth but.... where/what is it. :whine:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
It sits right on top of the intake plenum. It has wires going to it.
Just behind the throttle body. It has 2 screws holding it onto the plenum.

Dana

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This might help.

AccufabLabeled.jpg

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I'm confused Bob. I looked for over an hour, but I couldn't find either a "Polished Plenum", nor an "Accufab Throttle Body" on my engine, so I never did find an IAT valve. :shrug:
Should I polish my plenum? Will the shine help me find the IAT? If I use 3000 grit on it, will that turn my throttle body into an Accufab? Thanks. I await your answer with Mototool in hand. Hurry up please cause this thing is getting heavy and I got to get to sleep soon. :dw:

drohan8592

Established Member
nice work bob, you're truly a great contributor to this site even though you have sold your cobra. you're hardcore to the bone in my book !!!!!!!!!

drohan8592

Established Member
the IAC valve is located in the same place on either the accufab or the stocker for all you rookies out there............

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
if i go to ford and buy a new IAC valve, do i get that neat polished plennum and accufab throttle body with it? what a bargain! lol

drohan8592

Established Member
swlacobra said:
if i go to ford and buy a new IAC valve, do i get that neat polished plennum and accufab throttle body with it? what a bargain! lol

i wish i would have saved myself 600 bucks lol !!!!!!!! :)

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
Okay, so I print out the picture and took it to ford and asked for a replacement IAC valve, the young man at the counter disappears for about a half an hour or so and.... out he comes with a polished plenum, Accufab throttle body and an IAC valve for less than ten bucks---you guys are awesome.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
SnakeBit said:
I'm confused Bob. I looked for over an hour, but I couldn't find either a "Polished Plenum", nor an "Accufab Throttle Body" on my engine, so I never did find an IAT valve. :shrug:
Should I polish my plenum? Will the shine help me find the IAT? If I use 3000 grit on it, will that turn my throttle body into an Accufab? Thanks. I await your answer with Mototool in hand. Hurry up please cause this thing is getting heavy and I got to get to sleep soon. :dw:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
SnakeBit said:
That was funny. Yeah, I grabbed an old picture of my Accufab that happened to already be labeled for an old thread. :-D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
drohan8592 said:
nice work bob, you're truly a great contributor to this site even though you have sold your cobra. you're hardcore to the bone in my book !!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the kind words. I do love it here and look for opportunities to contribute in any way I can. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
hoghunter said:
Okay, so I print out the picture and took it to ford and asked for a replacement IAC valve, the young man at the counter disappears for about a half an hour or so and.... out he comes with a polished plenum, Accufab throttle body and an IAC valve for less than ten bucks---you guys are awesome.
We're just trying to help ya save some money. :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread