IAT sensor location ?'s

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Ok I have a 97 Cobra and I'm running a D1SC at 8#'s. The IAT sensor is located on the intake feeding the supercharger. I just ordered a C&L intake to replace the crappy plastic intake that came with the Procharger kit. The C&L has an IAT sensor location close to the throttle body. What I'm wondering is should I use this location on the C&L vs the one on the supercharger intake? Because It makes more sense to me that you would want to have a reading of the air as it enters the intake manifold. But if that were the case then why didn't Procharger make it that way in the first place? Sombody please give me some input and direction on this. And I am going to go back to the dyno to get retuned.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yes, move it to the pipe right before the throttle body. That way you get a more accurate reading of the air actually entering the engine. As for why Procharger put it in front of the blower, I have no clue. Maybe someone on here more knowledgable then I am knows.

scotts99snake

Established Member
I bought the lightning IAT sensor (it is threaded) and put it in the elbow right before the throttle body. It has more "meat" for the threads to hold than the discharge pipe. I had to cut the loom back to reroute the harness, but it was easy and works like a charm.

I talked to a tuner as to why they would put it "pre"blower and he said procharger is lazy...lol. The only thing I can think is with procharger kits coming with a chip, it keeps the timing retarded slightly. Safer??

Users who are viewing this thread