IAT sensor question

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Is there an IAT 1 and IAT 2 sensor on the mach 1s?

The reason I ask is my car is a 03 mach 1 with a full terminator swap. And there is no IAT 1 sensor in the intake elbow. Now I know the terminator has one in this location. So pretty much is there an IAT 1 sensor on the regular mach 1s? And is there an IA2 sensor as well? If so where are BOTH of these sensors located on the mach 1? I need to get the IAT1 sensor in place.
So if you guys got pics showing where the IAT sensor(s) are id be ever so grateful!

03DSGKB

Established Member
iat

Both 03/04 machs have 6 pin mafs with built in iat so if you look at any 03/04 cobra its only 4 pins mafs . Look at machgxrs Eaton swap thread on MR1

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Both 03/04 machs have 6 pin mafs with built in iat so if you look at any 03/04 cobra its only 4 pins mafs . Look at machgxrs Eaton swap thread on MR1

Thank you. Im having to learn this car on my own as no one I know is familiar with these things. I had no idea about the maf, whats in the car now is a sct 2800 or 3000 I forget offhand.
But yes ill rake a peak at the build up, I know it isnt the same, but it'll help me alot. I was blessed with a termi full motor transplant not an eaton swap. But still damned similar

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Eaton swap machs have just one IAT. No need for the second one because the mach computer cant read both. So you should have just the one IAT sensor on the drivers back side of the eaton.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Eaton swap machs have just one IAT. No need for the second one because the mach computer cant read both. So you should have just the one IAT sensor on the drivers back side of the eaton.

Ok that makes sense. Ive got a cobra motor, but I believe its a mach wiring harness (some plugs are not used), and a mach PCM. so that means when im datalogging im seeing an IAT sensor that more than likely the IAT2 on the cobra correct? If so that helps me out some :)

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Ok that makes sense. Ive got a cobra motor, but I believe its a mach wiring harness (some plugs are not used), and a mach PCM. so that means when im datalogging im seeing an . T sensor that more than likely the IAT2 on the cobra correct? If so that helps me out some :)

Yes. Thats the charge air temp. Should be the sensor after the intercooler. IAT2 but it shows up as iat. Just make sure you have a black sensor thats plugged in on the bottom drivers side of the eaton.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Yes. Thats the charge air temp. Should be the sensor after the intercooler. IAT2 but it shows up as iat. Just make sure you have a black sensor thats plugged in on the bottom drivers side of the eaton.

Ill check it out when I get a chance, wife is in surgery tomorrow, so the rest of this week isnt gonna be helping me out. Im assuming the sensor is in the lower intake manifold under the blower right?, I havent done a egr delete yet so im assuming the sensor is under the whole egr bracket mess on the driver side.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Ill check it out when I get a chance, wife is in surgery tomorrow, so the rest of this week isnt gonna be helping me out. Im assuming the sensor is in the lower intake manifold under the blower right?, I havent done a egr delete yet so im assuming the sensor is under the whole egr bracket mess on the driver side.

Its on the blower itself but at the bottom flat part right beside the intake bolts on drivers side.

Users who are viewing this thread