IAT2 Improvements with J2Fab Flow Mod

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
J2's HE vs. VMP's triple pass gt500 HE, who wins?
I'm debating and been "learning" what I can from various websites and forums... From what I've read, FLOW is very important for low ATW temps. The best description I could get was from departmentofboost, they go into very good detail and compare various HE's on the market and stock HE's as well. AIR Flow is an important factor as well, From what I gathered triple and double passes on an HE can restrict fluid movement making FLOW harder... with that said, Is J2's better being a single pass, vertical flow, -20an and the core being no thicker than 2" for efficient Air flow through the HE? Or... Is VMP's triple still viable IF you go with an EMP pump? I wish someone would compare HE's on the market with ATW temp numbers... It could be settled
I am in a dilemma with who to go with VMP would be the most reasonable priced IMO BUT! It can't be denied that J2's HE, according to how HE's work, his is the best option.
I have already ordered his flow mod and IC also have his 3 gal engine tank... emp soon
I need fans because I do a lot of idle driving leaving my home and coming home and also do some driving out in "mexico" ya dig... should I go with vmps deal or j2's and buy a couple fans later

Unless you're pushing some radical combo, I don't think either will be that much different from each other. If you're still having IAT problems after either of those companies' HEs, than you have problems else where.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I went with the department of boost super single to pair with the j2fab IC with engine tank and emp..

I would have went with the j2fab HE you didn't have to wait so long for them to be built.

To get absolute maximum benefit out this system I think the j2fab stuff will be best all together.

I'll post all the data I can once I get mine put to gether.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

94slowbra1

Established Member
Prior to teardown I was running the vmp h/e with 1" inlet and out let along with all of J2fabs flow mod upgrades. I had great results with it, I can't imagine a switch would gain me much more to justify the cost. Starting from scratch I may go with all of his parts simply because I like things to match. Go with whatever you get the best deal on

Ryebread

Established Member
I went with the department of boost super single to pair with the j2fab IC with engine tank and emp..

I would have went with the j2fab HE you didn't have to wait so long for them to be built.

To get absolute maximum benefit out this system I think the j2fab stuff will be best all together.

It would be nice to see some your data when done!!! I'm gonna go with VMP's HE. The price with J2 is just too much esp if I have to buy a pair of fans afterwards along with the wiring. Then I would have to figure out mounting them to the HE as well. I've also been waiting since FEB to have my flowmod and brick delivered... IMO it would be more time, money and effort and possibly even more waiting. Plus I already have the MAF crash bar with gt500 mounts. My guess is with the EMP pump It'll be more than effective enough to get fluids through all 3 passes without a whole lot of restriction.
Thank you guys for the input!!!

Ryebread

Established Member
NhzxNlK

Y'all... should I be worried? Just got my brick from j2 and already seeing some iffy stuff... 1st and third picture are from the same side of the brick. There's about a 16th inch groove where it was ground down and looks like there is some air pockets in the welds... also there's not enough space for the bolts on 2 sides because of the poor welding... it doesn't sit flush on mounting side and Rocks back and forward and side to side. Is this stuff normal?

Ryebread

Established Member
NhzxNlK

Y'all... should I be worried? Just got my brick from j2 and already seeing some iffy stuff... 1st and third picture are from the same side of the brick. There's about a 16th inch groove where it was ground down and looks like there is some air pockets in the welds... also there's not enough space for the bolts on 2 sides because of the poor welding... it doesn't sit flush on mounting side and Rocks back and forward and side to side. Is this stuff normal?

Ryebread

Established Member
NhzxNlK

dazwelding

Established Member
NhzxNlK

I don’t think your pics posted, at least I cannot see them

cajun cobra

Established Member

So how do u like the supersingle he? How is the fit? I have the VMP I/C on order right now, currently on backorder so don't when I'll get it, and I was comparing vmp gt500 he with the DOB supersingle. I've read all the gt500 HE install threads and how tight of a fit it is which gives me concerns about the fitment of the supersingle. Looking at the HE specs on the DOB website the supersingle is 1/8" taller and 1" thicker. What really stands out though is how much more core volume it has.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
So how do u like the supersingle he? How is the fit? I have the VMP I/C on order right now, currently on backorder so don't when I'll get it, and I was comparing vmp gt500 he with the DOB supersingle. I've read all the gt500 HE install threads and how tight of a fit it is which gives me concerns about the fitment of the supersingle. Looking at the HE specs on the DOB website the supersingle is 1/8" taller and 1" thicker. What really stands out though is how much more core volume it has.
I haven't had a change to install anything. I'm waiting for cams, so I don't want to install the stuff and have it damaged during engine removal.

I've seen other people use it with the MAF racing tubular bumper support and its basically plug and play.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Not to hijack but I’m guessing if the DOB Super Single is a tight fit then DOB’s Titanic Triple is way to big to fit in the front of 03-04 Cobra?
Anyone taken any measurements to see if there is any possible way to fit it?
Thanks
Ken

Ryebread

Established Member
I don’t think your pics posted, at least I cannot see them
Yeah I cannot figure out how to upload the pics XD I asked around and did what someone told me to do but it never uploaded so I'm just at a loss on how to upload from my pc. Though I did talk to j2 and everything has been worked out. I got worried because I couldn't get ahold of them for the longest time. Found out much later on fb that they were in the process of moving shop locations.

Stangra

Established Member
...I did talk to j2 and everything has been worked out. I got worried because I couldn't get ahold of them for the longest time. Found out much later on fb that they were in the process of moving shop locations.
This is about an intercooler brick that you ordered in Feb 2021???
I'm curious how "everything has been worked out" with Justin. Do you have a serviceable unit in hand now or just promises? I spent far too long waiting on and believing his lies. Product might be nice but customer service... FAIL
Went with VMP, 2 weeks and done.

Ryebread

Established Member
This is about an intercooler brick that you ordered in Feb 2021???
I'm curious how "everything has been worked out" with Justin. Do you have a serviceable unit in hand now or just promises? I spent far too long waiting on and believing his lies. Product might be nice but customer service... FAIL
Went with VMP, 2 weeks and done.

As far as performance it is working great! The only complaints I had with them was the extended wait time also I had a product that was unfinished but minor. The front 2 mounting holes where you fasten the IC to the blower(towards the snout of blower) had been over welded and weren't ground back so that the allen bolt heads could fasten flush to the lips of the brick. I did that myself even though Justin said I could send it back and they would finish it. At the time I just felt like I would have to wait forever again and didn't want to do that. It wasn't hard to do on my drill press to get it cleaned up. Was it worth $1300? Not gonna bash but I can let you figure it out. Flow mod was perfect no quality control issues. I kinda feel like bell IC ****ed Justin... They did him dirty with the cores especially after watching the youtube vid he put out with him calling bell about the cores after he cut one open and said that they didn't weld the internals and just stuck rods in between the lines.

Users who are viewing this thread