Ice tank in the trunk

Nickoli

Established Member
Who has done this and where did you route your lines? I plan on installing mine tomorrow and still have a few details to figure out. Any and all pics would be great! I'm going to run my heat extanger still and just use the stock pump to circulate it.
68709671-008F-467C-B2F1-F3F9FB106746_zpswp02m1gn.jpg

One of the best mods you can do on a blower car , i routed the water lines through the trunk and came out by the passenger side of the fuel tank and routed on the bottom of the floor pan foward .

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
One of the best mods you can do on a blower car , i routed the water lines through the trunk and came out by the passenger side of the fuel tank and routed on the bottom of the floor pan foward .
Agreed.
Marc/Birdoc has that set-up and it's always been my plan to do the same.
My brother has ran a terminator Fox for 6 years with the factory A/W cooler, E85 and ice tank in the hatch.
Makes the car deadly consistent despite high ambient temps.
I think the rear cooler tank, E85 and comp heat exchanger with fans will basically end all heat soak issues and give 100% power full time.
Would like to hear how to incorporate it cleanly with the existing system.
-J

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Here's my set up. I have a new separate pump and got rid of the stock one. IAT2'S are 78-83 degrees now. Really helps with POWA! Icebox ect was custom made by London Chassis.

20140808_165123_zpsxvqzypis.jpg

Last edited:

MattR

Established Member
I thought this was a big no no with the LC kenne bell? I assume this really only helps on the track and that the ice warms up pretty fast?

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I thought this was a big no no with the LC kenne bell? I assume this really only helps on the track and that the ice warms up pretty fast?

Kenne Bell liquid cooling is from engine coolant lines not intercooler ice box.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I am in the middle of doing this, but I think I will switch tanks after seeing these set-ups. I have ordered this 5 gallon water cell, but I like the flush mount. http://www.rhodesracecars.com/5-Gallon-Ice-Water-Tank--W-Rule-2000-Pump_p_11888.html

Nickoli & BIRDDOC, where did you get those tanks?

My tank is a custom 10 gal tank. Chad Epperson at London Chassis Dyno made it and powder coated it. We used an aluminum cap so it would have durability with heat for street driving. Chad makes them custom order if your interested.

Nickoli

Established Member
Trying to figure out the best way to route the lines. Here are some crappy drawings I made for my ideas.

First is a drawing of how it is stock:
33C1A939-2306-429E-A4C8-D6A86A7E10A8_zpsuil5amvk.jpg

Next is what looks like the easiest. It would keep the stock lines connecting to the innercooler so less work:
CB624240-BD3C-4EB7-8FAB-54B22CFA864A_zps8junexzc.jpg

The last would be my idea of the coolest temps maybe. The hot water from innercooler straight to the HE, let it cool down some there then send it to the tank with cooler or iced water then back to the pump and into the innercooler.
62A9B6C9-1148-4DEE-87B8-2CA6C2053375_zps1bmpid6y.jpg

Which way would be more streetable? The guys who have already done this, what way did you route your lines?

Last edited:

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
This is my next mod for Texas, for the street unless you are going to fill the rear tank every time the ice melts I would not invest. This is awesome to make a pass at the track and to help with the the car pulling timing at the mile & 1/2 mile events. Just my two cents.

Manuel

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Here's my set up. I have a new separate pump and got rid of the stock one. IAT2'S are 78-83 degrees now. Really helps with POWA! Icebox ect was custom made by London Chassis.

20140808_165123_zpsxvqzypis.jpg

Hi,

So yours does not have the interior marine bilge pump inside of the tank?

Manuel

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Trying to figure out the best way to route the lines. Here are some crappy drawings I made for my ideas.

First is a drawing of how it is stock:
33C1A939-2306-429E-A4C8-D6A86A7E10A8_zpsuil5amvk.jpg

Next is what looks like the easiest. It would keep the stock lines connecting to the innercooler so less work:
CB624240-BD3C-4EB7-8FAB-54B22CFA864A_zps8junexzc.jpg

The last would be my idea of the coolest temps maybe. The hot water from innercooler straight to the HE, let it cool down some there then send it to the tank with cooler or iced water then back to the pump and into the innercooler.
62A9B6C9-1148-4DEE-87B8-2CA6C2053375_zps1bmpid6y.jpg

Which way would be more streetable? The guys who have already done this, what way did you route your lines?

The last one is how I have my setup. Cool IAT2'S was the top priority. I'd go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread