I'd hate to be living in NJ

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Lol at these people confronting police about a supposed constitutional violation.

Wtf are they supposed to do about it? Hire a freaking lawyer and sue whoever you think is responsible, loose the lawsuit and move on.

I'm glad I don't live in new jersey.... but its because it sucks there lol.

Last edited:

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Seriously, the guy went to a police station to argue that his constitutional rights were violated because the mayor appointed her son to several different positions in city government.

First of all, WTF does this have to do with the constitution? Second, what the hell do the police have to do with it? Even if a law was broken you don't take a civil matter to the police....

What the cop said was ignorant, but more than likely he's just pissed off this lunactic idiot is wasting his time blathering on about nonsense he doesn't care about and couldn't do anything about if he wanted to (excuse me Mrs elected mayor, you're under arrest for appointing your son as dogcatcher).

Edit: he may also be claiming a rights violation because they told him to kick rocks or get cuffed. "Its public property, its a public building". I guess since its your constitutional right to go onto public property whenever you want for however long you want, I'm headed to my local library to live for the rest of my life. Its public property I can stay as long as I like..

Last edited:

byeofcr

Established Member
Im from NJ and proud of it.
If you live in north nj suburbs the school systems are great, you have the 4 seasons, the city 20 min away, some of the best food anywhere, very safe neighborhoods, and the shore an hour away. It really is a place id love to raise a family.

With that said, it is also incredibly expensive, politics rule everything and anything. Its why im a cop in shithole vegas because most of the smaller extremely well paid departments are chiefs test not civil service. The chief hires who he wants which is usually some juiced in applicant. Its widely known and the worst kept secret. People who live there understand that. I couldnt get a job because of it, and the waiting list on the civil service test is a joke. Im not surprised one bit by this video. That doesnt make it right but this is the way it goes and always has.. Hell christie used to prosecute this kinda political corruption but now he is, in my opinion, just as corrupt as governor.

lpheaven

Established Member
Sad the way people don't realize what's at stake.

Exactly - this isnt only happening in NJ - the whole country has a severe case of the ****-its. Most Jersey folks do have that ****you, i'm ****in 1st attitude, but the more south you go the nicer people get - true story. Even i cant stand most from Jersey with their ****you all week and all is forgotten after sunday church. As far as the cop, if i didnt get laid the night before and a bad cup o joe before work and had some douche show up at my job goin wa wa wa i would have a **** you attitude too:pepper:

T_rail94

Established Member
Im from NJ and proud of it.
If you live in north nj suburbs the school systems are great, you have the 4 seasons, the city 20 min away, some of the best food anywhere, very safe neighborhoods, and the shore an hour away. It really is a place id love to raise a family.

With that said, it is also incredibly expensive, politics rule everything and anything. Its why im a cop in shithole vegas because most of the smaller extremely well paid departments are chiefs test not civil service. The chief hires who he wants which is usually some juiced in applicant. Its widely known and the worst kept secret. People who live there understand that. I couldnt get a job because of it, and the waiting list on the civil service test is a joke. Im not surprised one bit by this video. That doesnt make it right but this is the way it goes and always has.. Hell christie used to prosecute this kinda political corruption but now he is, in my opinion, just as corrupt as governor.

Gotta agree with this. I live in North Jersey and I'm a short train-ride away from the greatest city on Earth, a 15-minute drive from one of the largest lakes in the state, and surrounded by some of the best public schools in the nation. The taxes suck though and the weather in the summer leaves a lot to be desired.

gamebred26

Established Member
It's a love hate state. Every time I travel to another state and eat the food there..I just want to get home lol. Taxes here suck, everything is expensive. No ccw allowed and we got some of the shittiest and most violent cities. Weather is nice...beaches...food. Big cities and rural farm areas with an hour or two away.

You can go to Newark, JC, Hoboken, Asbury...hit up Seaside, LBI, Wildwood, Belmar, Point Pleasant...

I have 3 drag strips E-Town, Island and Atco...

That being said I cant wait to move out of this shit hole...but I never want to leave. Wait what?

gamebred26

Established Member
North..Central and South are all so different it's scary...and yes there is a central. That's where I live...not a city slicker and not a piney lol.

LightningTeg

Established Member
I grew up in in Hunterdon county (central jersey), and I think it is a great place overall. Low crime, good schools, and not far from philly/ny/beach. I miss it sometimes, but I dont miss having to lock up my car like fort knox everytime I go to the movies or mall.

xenodragon

Established Member
I grew up in NJ, loved it. Lived in Westfield, decently wealthy town and spent my summers on Long Beach Island. I have yet to find another place in the country that gives me the same experience that NJ did in terms of access to things, food, beaches, etc..

Last edited:

Geno-04

Established Member
This is the next town over from me......I love and hate jersey at the same time lol

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
North..Central and South are all so different it's scary...and yes there is a central. That's where I live...not a city slicker and not a piney lol.

North can be split into east and west. Eastern part is near the city that gives most of the state a bad rep. I live in northwest which is much less dense with a lot more farmlands, very much like PA. I live and grew up here in Hackettstown.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
North can be split into east and west. Eastern part is near the city that gives most of the state a bad rep. I live in northwest which is much less dense with a lot more farmlands, very much like PA. I live and grew up here in Hackettstown.

I'm in an ever more rural area. If I took a picture outside my house, people would never believe it's NJ. I agree that it's a love/hate kind of state and if I could I would move into PA.

Users who are viewing this thread