Ideal plug gap for Pullied Cobra?

cobras55

Established Member
I'm doing my NGK-7IX's this weekend. I just have a 2.8 upper and custom tune, 469rwhp and 481rwt..
I currently have TR6's and have a pretty good idle but cruising at low speeds I feel I slight hesitation/bucking....
I'm hoping the New plugs take care of this..
I will be setting them at .035.

Last edited:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I had TR6's in my crn and when it idled, if I just blipped the throttle a little, the car would act as if it wants to die then slowly surge back up to 900rpms or so. It was pissing me off, so I installed some TR6ix's at .032" and the car idles like a champ, if I blip the throttle it goes down smooth to 800-900rpms.

The TR6's ran well when new, but after like 10k miles they showed signs of wearing and idle quality. I'm going to see how these new TR6ix's run.

Last edited:

perry2k12

Established Member
TR7ix was the best plug my car ever used. I was told to use BR7EF by my tuner this year and they are eh. They work, but drivability suffered just a bit.

T800

Established Member
My car hated the ix's when I ran them. They would foul after a few months but that was with a Whipple @ 19lbs of boost.

Now I use Tr6's (copper) and have no issues at all. You could gap at .034". Could be a matter of trying a few different plugs to see what your car likes.

This.

I run the TR6's at .032", my car hates the ix's as well. Fine by me, cause now I can afford to change 'em every 5k. I'm on the spray also, so the colder plug is a must.

It's funny how much of a variance there is between cars/mods and idle quality with these plugs(NGK's).

MAKE SURE YOU TORQUE THEM TO SPEC! Had one blow recently and I am super paranoid about it now.

Last edited:

cobras55

Established Member
Well I posted a few days ago here and just wanted to give an update.
I just completed the install of the TR 7IX iradium plugs and gapped them at .035 . I also cleaned the throttle body and mass air sensor. I took her for a ride and I couldn't be happier, plugs idle perfectly and driveability is amazing now. I no longer have any hesitation or bucking at cruising speeds, low rpm's. Really overly excited on the results...these are so so much better then the jumping idle, hesitating/bucking copper TR-6 's......
Two thumbs up.............

Users who are viewing this thread