Ideas on pure NOS for cobras...

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
I see people like Haveight putting 150 shot of NOS on top of a 2.80 pulley, with the cooling properties of NOS on the supercharger, this seems to make alot of sense. Why not keep the 8lbs of boost, get a new mass air and shoot say 150-200 shot of NOS through the supercharger when drag racing? Seems like a cool way to get some xtra performance while being able to pull the NOS system and get repairs under warranty (no chip, pulley) Feel free to flame, I'm very new to this stuff and am in no way to be considered an expert. Please help me, I dont need a performance beast like haveight, just want the option to kick in the power at the track once in a while. Also, how badly would that much NOS mess up my f/a ratio, etc... need to know all the ins and outs from the experts out there.
Looking forward to a lively discussion... maybe just flames on my stupidity :burn:

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
I would want a chip though when running NOS for sure. Plus,,I would rather get the pulley and chip anyways so I could have the power there all the time. That is why I bought this car----I got tired of filling the damn bottles!

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
My setup is there just for that reason I now contorl the enviorment inside of the intake I have lowered the charge tempature with the Nitrous, it is a great way to gain power. The Nitrous never makes it into my engine. I really never thought I could run the 150 shot with out a chip modified for the Nitrous, but I did and it worked talk about crazy!:D

IF you want only some performance check with South Florida Pulley HQ, Terry offers different packages now depending on how much power you want, and he'll talk ya through everything, he has great customer service.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread