Ideas you would develop if you could...

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Toss ‘em up!

Me: a variable speed electric drive fof a centrifugal blower. Centrifugals are the most efficient blower with least intake charge heating. The catch they’re inefficient at idle speeds, they have to rev a bit to make boost.

Have an electric motor drive the blower at speeds corresponding to throttle and gear selection.

The motor would not need to be too large and you could power it indirectly with a lipo battery. In between runs the alternator recharges the battery.

I bet that would equate to less weight and complexity than a similar multi-speed transmission drive for the blower.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Toss ‘em up!

Me: a variable speed electric drive fof a centrifugal blower. Centrifugals are the most efficient blower with least intake charge heating. The catch they’re inefficient at idle speeds, they have to rev a bit to make boost.

Have an electric motor drive the blower at speeds corresponding to throttle and gear selection.

The motor would not need to be too large and you could power it indirectly with a lipo battery. In between runs the alternator recharges the battery.

I bet that would equate to less weight and complexity than a similar multi-speed transmission drive for the blower.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Rotrex A/S

Actually working on 2 patents right now, but don’t want to put the info out there if you can understand why.

velocicaur

Established Member
I would like to see something for child safety in summer vehicles. Maybe something like this already exists but I heard that 20 kids have died already this year. This seems like something that would be pretty easy to implement considering all the technology we have today. Some sort of sensor that would go off at a certain temperature and it would activate the car warning system. It could be built into the car seat itself? Motion detector from inside the vehicle? I mean, it doesn't have to be perfect. Something could be built and it could be on the news and major websites for a week or two. When you see whatever warning system go off, all you would have to do is peek inside for a second and see what's in there. A false warning is better than a kid dying from such a cause.

Users who are viewing this thread