Idle down shut off HELP!

Anthony Antelo

Established Member
Just 2 months ago i went to a whipple. After the tune i had a slight idle problem. after i punch it and let off fast the truck will run fine and preform fine until i return down to idle. it will just keep going down until it shuts off. i can turn the truck back on typically with no issues, sometimes it hesitates but fires and clears right up. but if i punch it and let off slow it will be fine. truck will run fine preform fine just like normal .i have no idea what to do. my tuner has been chasing the problem sense i left. i have changed the iac and tps sensor. twice. i have data logged it and still having this problem. does anyone have any idea what may be the cause. and does anyone have any suggestions on what parameters to run while data loggin, as well to assist in fixing this problem any advice is good advice. thanks

Dusten

Established Member
Just 2 months ago i went to a whipple. After the tune i had a slight idle problem. after i punch it and let off fast the truck will run fine and preform fine until i return down to idle. it will just keep going down until it shuts off. i can turn the truck back on typically with no issues, sometimes it hesitates but fires and clears right up. but if i punch it and let off slow it will be fine. truck will run fine preform fine just like normal .i have no idea what to do. my tuner has been chasing the problem sense i left. i have changed the iac and tps sensor. twice. i have data logged it and still having this problem. does anyone have any idea what may be the cause. and does anyone have any suggestions on what parameters to run while data loggin, as well to assist in fixing this problem any advice is good advice. thanks
Who is your tuner? My guess is a tune issue.

mizlplix

Established Member
Check some basics first.
Pull the inlet hose so you can look into the throttle body.
With the throttle blade(s) in idle position, is there a gap under the plate?
If it is a big gap, you need to adjust it to factory specs.

With the throttle plate open, it affects the idle air motors ability to catch the RPM
when returning to idle. The more the plate is open, the less the idle air motor can
"catch" the motor and set the idle.
(It also affects the WOT switch setting)
Let us know.

Miz

Last edited:

Anthony Antelo

Established Member
i will check the blade. i believe it is sitting flush. and i thought it to be the tue but they have tryed fixing it 5 times already. still looking on the tune issue

Users who are viewing this thread