idle drop after installing sct

EL Conquistador

Established Member
so i got my new sf3 tuner today and decided to upload my custom tune and go for a drive then i noticed my idle drop to about 350 to 400 rps after shifting to neutral from 5th first i just thought it was me letting the car gear down before shifting to neutral but then it started doing it evry time i put the car in neutral it would drop to about 400 and sputter back and forth until finnaly returnig to the normal 700 to 1000 rpm range about 20 secs later any ideas what could be causing this?

cmefly

Established Member
Who did the tune? I would put it back to the stock tune untill you get another one to install.There are some really good mail order tunes out there. I have used Don lasota at lasotaracing.com with great results.

EL Conquistador

Established Member
well i ordered the tuner from american muscle and they have bama tuning doing their tunes so i would think they would be somewhat decent tunes the only request i made was that the rear o2's be turned off..but yeah the first thing i did was pull into a gas station and reload the factory tune and all seems good after driving around for a few mins

jareds99slobra

Established Member
Well i went to pro-dyno they used the same tuner and mine is currnetly idle dropping and will sometimes stall. they wont fix it but they will retune it for 250. its bull but its gotta be done

Ortiz99

Established Member
I just got a tune (Nitrous) from American Muscle aswell, they took about 8 days to email me the tune. Anyways, their customer service is pretty good and would definatly call them up to see whats going on.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
you should be able to adjust the idle RPM's a bit to help with that issue. plug it back in and go under the user parameters. this isnt the proper fix but it should help on how it comes down.

its not the worst thing in the world, some people have it stalling out on them when they push in the clutch...which = not cool.

what is causing it is, they didnt add enough air going through the throttle body to make up for a good idle when it comes down.
its a pretty comon thing, and I think it would be hard to get it exactly right on a mail order tune anyways.
call them and let them know what its doing, if its a decent company they will adjust it pretty quickly for no charge.
J

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread