Idle Problem Please help with any advise

slvrlightning

Usual Suspect
Established Member
Hey Guys first I want to say thanks in advance.
About a week ago my truck started acting up, and now I am at a loss as to what to do next. Problem is after driving for just a few minutes in drive stopped at a light the idle drops to 500, sometimes a bit lower then recovers but only to like 600-650. It used to idle somewhere around 700-750. I just put on a new fuel filter hoping that for once in my life the cheap thing fixed it but it is still doing it. Any thing you guys might suggest????

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Clean the idle air control valve. It's on the right side of the intake plenum on top of the supercharger. Take it off and spray it out with some brake cleaner and compressed air if you can. reinstall and see how it idles.

svtred

lambo doors on the S-V-T
Established Member
yea TRY and clean it but once theyre f'd they usually stay that way, but u might get lucky. if u look the big tube goin from ur air tube goes directly to the IAC and all the blowby oil gets in there and craps the thing out

slvrlightning

Usual Suspect
Established Member
OK guys just cleaned the damn thing and it isn't as bad, but still dropping too low so I guess I will be buying one in the next day or so.

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
slvrlightning said:
OK guys just cleaned the damn thing and it isn't as bad, but still dropping too low so I guess I will be buying one in the next day or so.
make sure to reset your KAM (Keep alive memory) when you put the new IAC on. if you do not have a scan tool to do it with, leave the battery disconnected over night. As for the IAC, there is a pintel rod that meters the air in the houseing 9 times out of 10 if you look at it you can see where it is scratched from sticking against the housing. Replacing it is the right move. you might want to run codes in the tuck before you do anything else. autozone can do this for free for you. post up what you get... this can tell you if maybe you have other problems. The vapor management valve can cause similiar problems along with egr, and several other things...

MOORESPEED

Established Member
I had the same problem, except mine would also stall out every so often. So when I got my truck dyno tuned the guy turned my idle up alittle with the predator and I hav'nt had a problem since, but now I think the idle might be to high. What are our trucks supposed to idle at stock? Also, when you shift your truck from drive to park does it idle up then drop back down? Just wondering if this is normal.

Tony

MOORESPEED

Established Member
I was doing some research and my problem might have something to do with the tps on my accufab throttle body.

slvrlightning

Usual Suspect
Established Member
OK now the new IAC is in, problem still there, no codes whatsoever, but I asked about this a little over a month ago and the blower is making a ratling noise (sounds like a damn power stroke at idle) so my theory is that the bearings must be going in the blower and causing a fluctuating idle, I am going to remove the SC belt and see what happens then. If everything proves out then a new ported blower will be here sometime on Wednesday and its time for a new tune. God I hope this fixes it I hate problems with my baby!

Users who are viewing this thread