Idle surge coming to a stop.

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
Anyone here have this problem? Im thinking of Cleaning the MAF,IAC and checking of intake leaks. Anyone else have any info. I did a search but it didnt come up with much. Stock TB,BLower with 2.8 pulley Tuned.

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
welcome to driveing a ford. it happens. mine does that sometimes it is here today gone the next day type of thing. Hope you find the problem.

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
This is what I tought. It goes away at the next stop. Im going to look further into this for us and see if I can find the exact problem by datalogging and troubleshooting. Maybe Ill have an answer in a couple of weeks.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
some body find this one out mine just started doing that where it would get to 3grand and stay. have to shut the motor off than it would be at 1500 no leaks so not sure whats up. unplug mass air runs fine

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
Hardly anyone runs the factory screen after putting in a new CAI.

To the original poster...How many miles on the car? Try removing the MAF and clening it. Sometimes the wire (sensor) will get a little debris or oil on it from your filter and screw up the sensor readings. Tends to be inconsistent like that too. Careful with that wire, don't touch it, just use a spray cleaner like CRC made for electonics.

Users who are viewing this thread