Idler Bracket install. help

04silversnake

Established Member
I am installing the Idler Bracket from billetflow and noticed it touches the metal pipe from the coolant going to the radiator. Is there supposed be a washer or something? or is this like that. It started touching before i completly put the bolt all the way in.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
04silversnake said:
I am installing the Idler Bracket from billetflow and noticed it touches the metal pipe from the coolant going to the radiator. Is there supposed be a washer or something? or is this like that. It started touching before i completly put the bolt all the way in.

Take a pic! Do you have it backwards??? Bevel'd end goes into the channel on the support bracket for the blower. Should definately not be touching anything.

Jay

04silversnake

Established Member
I got a pic of it, how can I load it in order for you to see it?
BLWN03 said:
Take a pic! Do you have it backwards??? Bevel'd end goes into the channel on the support bracket for the blower. Should definately not be touching anything.

Jay

lifter213

Established Member
To post a picture you have to upload the picture to a image hosting site then use the url link in the insert image button on your post. mustangmods.com is what i use

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
If that bracket is touching the pipe like you said there is something wrong. I know, thank you Capt. Obvious. :bash: Maybe it is on backwards, but from what I remember, there is only one way it can be installed. :shrug:

04silversnake

Established Member
OK, lets see if this works, go to the page and you should see the pictures. I took one of the front, everything looks good. Don't know why the bracket was so close to the hose. Look carfully at the 3rd pic, you will se how the metal pipe toches the bracket ath the curved area.
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commu...d=196298&groupid=259158&folderview=thumbs&ck=
lif[IMG said:
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=331&folderid=196298&groupid=259158&folderview=thumbs&ck=[/IMG] ter213]To post a picture you have to upload the picture to a image hosting site then use the url link in the insert image button on your post. mustangmods.com is what i use

Last edited:

04silversnake

Established Member
Yeah, there is only one way to install it. It look pretty straight forward. Take a look at the pictures and you'll see.
DR. WU 2000 said:
If that bracket is touching the pipe like you said there is something wrong. I know, thank you Capt. Obvious. :bash: Maybe it is on backwards, but from what I remember, there is only one way it can be installed. :shrug:

04silversnake

Established Member
for comparison I added a picture from billetflow website. same pulley 2.93 and it look like my idler pulley is much closer to the supercharger pulley than his. Im refering to the 4th pic=my car and the last one = billetflow.

Last edited:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Aww, I think that you have dougs NEW bracket....it provides for more belt wrap.......He said he was changing them shortly....

rick

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Wrong size idler..take one of the smaller ones and switch them..i believe you have a 100mm one on there now. Use one of the 90mm ones.

Jay

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
It goes 100 on the bracket, 90 right beneath the supercharger pulley and 100's everywhere else

where-they-go.jpg

rick

Last edited:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Yeah, those are the new updated ones that doug is starting to release then.....dont worry you got a new one... :beer: is the bracket rubbing on anything?

rick

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
RickSvt said:
Aww, I think that you have dougs NEW bracket....it provides for more belt wrap.......He said he was changing them shortly....

rick

Hmmm..guess that's the issue then. Everything else looks good..maybe the bracket wasn't machined correctly because it does look mighty close...can't really see if it's actually touching though.

04silversnake

Established Member
no, it is not rubing on anything, exept that. I am loading a pullye tune just to see if everything is OK when I start the car. Cant wait to get RWTD tune. Will let you know in a minute.
RickSvt said:
Yeah, those are the new updated ones that doug is starting to release then.....dont worry you got a new one... :beer: is the bracket rubbing on anything?

rick

04silversnake

Established Member
In my opinion it needs a little of trimming on the curve that shapes the metal pipe in order to clear it.
BLWN03 said:
Hmmm..guess that's the issue then. Everything else looks good..maybe the bracket wasn't machined correctly because it does look mighty close...can't really see if it's actually touching though.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
So whats rubbing on what then? Maybe you will have to bend the crossover tube up a bit, but you shouldnt have to do that. Doug did say that new ones were coming out soon that offered more belt wrap.
Rick

Users who are viewing this thread