Idler Bracket install. help

04silversnake

Established Member
OK, when I placed the bracket in order to align the 2 bolts I noticed it was touching the metal pipe that goes to the hose to radiator. whent the bolt was going in, it most have done a very small nick, or a small dent to the pipe. Also, what would be the solution if anybody gets a slightly larger pully like a 3.00 or 3.10, It would not fit. the only space betwen the superchrger pulley and the idler bracket pulley is the thickness of the belt. Let me add that I dont want anyone taking it in the wrong way, I am not bashing in anyway the product or the manufacturer. I'm just concerned whith the installation.

RickSvt said:
So whats rubbing on what then? Maybe you will have to bend the crossover tube up a bit, but you shouldnt have to do that. Doug did say that new ones were coming out soon that offered more belt wrap.
Rick

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Maybe that new style bracket will only be made for use with the 2.93 and 2.76 pulleys... I see what you mean, a 3.10 wont work there

rick

04silversnake

Established Member
Yeah, it will work for those two sizes, I imagine if anyone want to use a larger pulley for the supercharger, they would have to get a smaller backet pulley, I think

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
WOW.... lots of back and forth

ok....

04silversnake, pm me your number I'll call you right now :)

it should not touch the coolant tube... it was clearing by 1/4" when I mocked it up on postbans motor.... I guess there is a lot of variances on Fords parts :shrug:

you can loosen the screws that hold the coolant tube and raise them just a bit for clearance.

Yes, if you have a 2.76 or 2.93 you should use the 100mm pulley on the snub idler bracket.

If you have a 3.1 you should use the 92mm idler on the snub idler bracket

Hows that for belt wrap?!?! :rockon:

dougwg

Established Member
heres the difference in wrap

Clearly better, don't you all agree?

OLD:
1480969billetflow.jpg

NEW:
1480935DSC05989.JPG

acrod

Established Member
Question a little off topic from the rest but how hard it is to put in the idlers? Any special tools for the idlers? I just ordered mine and Ill be installing them soon.

Albert SVT

Established Member
The belt wrap is AMAZING. I just installed one of these with a 2.93 pulley the other day. Just an FYI, I had to use a 74.5" belt (close to max on the tensioner) to get it to fit with the new bracket.

dougwg

Established Member
acrod said:
Question a little off topic from the rest but how hard it is to put in the idlers? Any special tools for the idlers? I just ordered mine and Ill be installing them soon.

1 bolt each.... can't get much easier

04silversnake

Established Member
The solution I discussed with Dough is to loose the bolt that holds the coolant pipe and tilt it up just a little bit. Just enough to get clearance. I will try this when I get home. Also, if someone uses a larger pulley, need to put the 92 mm idler in the idler bracket, should work this way. I will keep you posted.

acrod

Established Member
dougwg said:
1 bolt each.... can't get much easier

Oh ok so its nothing like the pulley swap. that's a relief. Is it easy to to get down there or do I have to pull anything out to reach down to the idlers?

04silversnake

Established Member
Well, I am done. I moved the pipe up a little and it clear just enough not to make contact. Also, istalled the JLT RAI. Everything looks good under the hood. Pulley swap was very smoth with the billetflow tool. Thanks Dough and JLT for the great product. Thanks Rick and all the members for your imput.
The car is just sitting in the garage waiting for the tune.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
I looked at both pics and they look like the same belt wrap. :shrug: The second pic was just closer. Doesn't look like the tensioner is any closer to the blower pulley. :??: Not trying to start anything, I love BF and swear by them ( check sig ) just doesn't look that different to me. I have been drinking since 7pm though. Maybe I can't see too good. :poke: Did I mention I love BF.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
DR. WU 2000 said:
I looked at both pics and they look like the same belt wrap. :shrug: The second pic was just closer. Doesn't look like the tensioner is any closer to the blower pulley. :??:

I don't see it either.

dougwg

Established Member
you'll be able to tell better when I do my write up... till then, hold your water will ya :)

Users who are viewing this thread