Idler Pulley/Belt Tensioner

CobraGOTVENM

Established Member
I have an 03 with a 2.76 upper pulley and was wondering if i should invest in an idler pulley/belt tensioner? New to this and just bought my cobra. trying to make it as nice and reliable as possible. let me know. thanks!

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Ok the snub idler will fix belt slip(it sounds like your front tire are doing a burn out)the idol pulley like to exploded so its good to be rid of them! The belt tensioner should be ok unless you have high milage should be in the middle of the two hash marks

eaglesnick

Established Member
Post up a picture of your engine by and we can see if you have a snub idler installed. With a 2.76 upper you should have one on there or you should install one if you don't. As for the tensioner you probably don't need one, bit the aftermarket ones from UPR and Thump are stronger and can also help limit belt slip.

selbyvince

Established Member
i would at least put a 100mm snub idler if you dont have one already.. but would be a good investment to go ahead and get the 4 peice idler set-- 1 92mm and 3 100 mm(if you dont already have the snub, if you do already have the snub, get the 3 piece idlers 1 92mm and 2 100 mm) metco and billetflow would be the places to check out. but you first need to find out what you have already, as mentioned, post a pic of your engine for us.

i wouldnt worry about the tensioner, i dont see that you need that with your current setup.

Users who are viewing this thread