If Cobra is the Terminator, we'll be the Exterminator

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Car was on Display @ the Fun Ford Week @ LACR today 11/01.

:thumbsup:

trevor was thinkin about running it before sema. did he run it? if he did how did it do?

im trying to make it down to vegas next week to see the car.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I saw a dude from MM&FF Running his car....but that dude could not get it to Hook Up :nonono: Im sure Trevor would of done much better IMO.

I saw him after the Racing had began....so he couldnt just run it. Its Sweet in Person ;-)

Ive heard that Sema is open to the public on friday :shrug: Not confirmed but ive heard of that....if u go stop by the Main Attraction. XMP will have a crazy MACH1 they built for FORD this year. :thumbsup:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
If you ask me, the Mach I is the absolute sleeper. Anyone bolt on the Blowzilla and see what happens? I would imagine it's an inexpensive alternative with awesome HP! :)

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Info from Trevor on his Mach and the Vortech kit...

The kit is crazy. It made about 400 to the wheels on a MUSTANG dyno and should make 460- 75 on a Dynojet.

Vortech's #'s are based on Califonia fuel ...other states can make more power...the tunes and numbers are super conservative. The car is a friggin blast!

The shaker is totally unnecessary, however a shaker intergration kit will be sold separately from the charger if someone wants to make it work. After looking at the competitors shaker kit, this one is sweet! You can see the tube on the inlet. The problem with making the shaker the primary inlet is that it's just too small and restrictive. There isn't enough open area to supply flow. A round filter works MUCH better!

I'll be at FFW all Sunday and between 9-3 on saturday. I hope to see you there!

cmylxgo

Established Member
Functional Shaker and 531hp at the crank. Good for 120mph in an automatic making 9psi.

Mach1_Shaker1.JPG

Mach1_Shaker2.JPG

hcracerx

Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you look at those pics there is only one aluminum tube - that's to the throttle body. There is also a plastic square funnel lookin' thingy on the left, but that is just open on the end. How does that make a functional shaker? The inlet clearly comes from the fender.

Last edited:

cmylxgo

Established Member
It suppliments cold air into the air filter area under the hood. It also prevents hot engine bay air from hitting the filter. This setup is about as useful as the stock setup is... which does not do much to begin with. The Vortech kit states that is looses hp when their shaker is setup is used.

-Corey

Angus

Established Member
Originally posted by hcracerx
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you look at those pics there is only one aluminum tube - that's to the throttle body. There is also a plastic square funnel lookin' thingy on the left, but that is just open on the end. How does that make a functional shaker? The inlet clearly comes from the fender.

My question exactly... :??:

hcracerx

Established Member
Originally posted by cmylxgo
It suppliments cold air into the air filter area under the hood. It also prevents hot engine bay air from hitting the filter. This setup is about as useful as the stock setup is... which does not do much to begin with. The Vortech kit states that is looses hp when their shaker is setup is used.

-Corey

Sooo... by functional, you don't mean functional in the sense that anyone anywhere who reads that statement thinks it is...it just blows cold air on the blower.

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Sooo... by functional, you don't mean functional in the sense that anyone anywhere who reads that statement thinks it is...it just blows cold air on the blower.
You have a fast-ass Mach...I am one of the few who knows how much fun you are having with that car... ;-)

So no flames intended, Corey...but I have to agree that most of us don't consider this setup "functional"...

As far as Vortech saying that the shaker cannot be the main without loss of power, I disagree...the CFM from the shaker should actually be greater than a fenderwell opening, and colder...

But I'll keep my mouth shut until I can back it up....

Until then....:rockon:

cmylxgo

Established Member
There was some calculations done...and there is not enough area to supply enough air to make adequate hp if just the shaker is used. Vortech has also stated that there will be a horse power loss if the shaker is used solely to supply air. In a NA application I have not been able to see a difference in ET or MPH with the shaker connected or disconnect. I did try blocking off the fender opening with duct tape (tape was applied to the air filter canister) and lost a tenth in the 1/4. I made two passes and they both were consistently off by a tenth. There are two guys running these cars in NMRA Factory stock and they can back up my findings in regards to blocking the scoop. The Shaker is more cosmetic than functional. If I had the choice of NO Shaker, Vortechs solution (loss of HP), or ProChargers solution for the shaker I would take ProChargers hands down.

Putting a conical air filter on and removing the shaker and stock style filter and removal of the headlight will make more power than stock.

-Corey

cmylxgo

Established Member

One thing to remember...a SuperCharger will suck air into the blower at a much faster rate than a NA motor will. So any type of air, be it cooler or just more of it will be an added benefit.

-Corey

hcracerx

Established Member
The Vortech kit states that is looses hp when their shaker is setup is used.

-Corey

This is exactly why Vortech offers the kit with or without the shaker inlet being used. If you are into it for the nostalgia and you love the Mach 1 because it has the shaker, buy the Vortech system that makes it functional (really functional in Vortech's case...as in the air that comes in through the shaker actually enters the inlet of the blower). If you just love the Mach 1 because it is a 4 valve, heavy breathing beast with gobs of power potential, then just buy the regular Vortech system that does not utilize the shaker. Either way you win.

hcracerx

Established Member
If I had the choice of NO Shaker, Vortechs solution (loss of HP), or ProChargers solution for the shaker I would take ProChargers hands down.

-Corey

Same answer as above. With the Vortech system, there is NO "loss of power" unless you spend more money to buy the EXTRA parts to make the shaker functional. The standard kit that does not utilize the shaker has no such issue.

Vortech = :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread