If I could I'd love to have a blowoff valve.

Wildcard

Established Member
Ok, My car is running a Vortech, and if I could w/o any reserve of problems w/ my tune being that a blowoff valve would make my car run rich I'd love to run one.

U know take off the bypass valve and vent everything or some to the atmosphere. I'd probably use the Turbo X RFL- standing for Real F*cking Loud.

I got the wine already why not a nice relief of air that would be a lot of fun. Plus it would scare off all of the imports that are always buzzing around.

Just a thought
:burnout:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
you can do that... you just have to have a blow-thru MAF setup to vent the bypass valve to the atmosphere.

see, the reason your blowoff valve vents to the intake pipe is because all the air has gone through the MAF, and has already been metered, therefore for the car to run right, the air must remain in the "system"

prochargers come with a blow-thru MAF setup. They also come with a lil "flapper valve" BOV that vents to the intake pipe. But, i have mine vent to the atmosphere, and it's "hide your children" loud.

you can run a blow-thru setup on your car, too. Just get it programmed into the chip. and make sure that your blowoff valve is BEFORE the MAF, so its venting unmetered air.

The reason why most turbo guys have their bypass valves venting to the atmosphere, is because most import EFI systems are a "speed-density" system that has no MAF.

Honestly, there is no performance advantage, or functionality of venting the bypass valve to the atmosphere vs. the intake pipe.

-Homer

Wildcard

Established Member
IUP99snake

"Honestly, there is no performance advantage, or functionality of venting the bypass valve to the atmosphere vs. the intake pipe."

Yah, it just sounds really cool.

Wildcard

Established Member
If I do the "blow-thru setup" why would I need to get it plugged into the chip?

Also Vortechs come with Bypass Valves. that are behind the MAF. Would I eliminate that or would I keep it?

Wildcard

Established Member
Do you have a link from Procharger that shows the BOV setup so that I can study it?

Users who are viewing this thread