If I where to sell my 93...

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
What would be my asking price?
I know I wont get what I have spend on the car, obviously, but what would be a good selling price IF i got rid of it??
The car has 123,xxx miles
The motor has been completely rebuilt.
block is stock
But its bored 30 over and stroked to a 331 CID professionally balanced
Eagle 4340 forged crankshaft
Eagle H beam rods
JE pistons, forged
Crane Cam
AFR 185 heads with upgraded valve seals and springs
Bassanni exhaust throughout (headers to tail pipe)
Hellion Ceramic ball bearing 62mm turbo kit (intercooled)
Holley Systemax intake manifold (upper and lower)
Professionally tuned by Dynojet Research
Ligthtning MAF and 42# injectors
MSD Ignition everything (A4L rev limiter box, distributor, timing retard control box)
SPEC Stage 3+ clutch and pressure plate with Aluminum flywheel
Huge aluminum radiator and electric fan controlled by the DCC module
Ford motorsports oil cooler with mini electric fan
G-Force built T5 trans with upgraded mainshaft, Steeda Tri-ax short shifter
Torque boxes reinforced, Steeda subframe connectors and control arms
5 lug conversion (10th Aniversary 03 Cobra front brakes) GT rear brakes
18x9 03 Cobra wheels (replica, satin finish)
Michelin Pilot Sport tires (under 1000 miles on the tread) runflats
Eibach pro kit springs and anti roll bars (front/rear)
The paint is pretty damn respectable, 2 small dents on the whole car, really small
Everything works on the car, windows, locks, wipers, etc...
Interior is all re-done (somewhat of a 03 Cobra look, black with grey) Cobra stiched in the seats
Im sure im missing more mods, but thats the most of it..
So what do you guys think??

Last edited:

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
fullside.jpg

rearsideL.jpg

rearsideR.jpg

frontupper.jpg

closewheel.jpg

SEATS1.jpg

side.jpg

buddha93

Established Member
Damn that car looks nice for 123k on the odometer.

Obvious you've got some really nice solid parts on the car, but cars like these just don't bring the cash, especially nowadays. I think you'd be hard pressed to get more than $15,000 out of it and lucky to even find a buyer to pay that.

I can relate. I have probably 6-7k wrapped up in the engine alone, not to mention the blower, tranny, and the cost of the car. I'd wouldn't even consider anything less than $20k, but nobody in their right mind would pay that. I'd be lucky to get anything close to $15,000 for my current setup.

Who knows, throw out there for $18,000 and see who comes knocking. You never know. Nice car whatever you decide to do. Any under hood pics?

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Damn that car looks nice for 123k on the odometer.

Obvious you've got some really nice solid parts on the car, but cars like these just don't bring the cash, especially nowadays. I think you'd be hard pressed to get more than $15,000 out of it and lucky to even find a buyer to pay that.

I can relate. I have probably 6-7k wrapped up in the engine alone, not to mention the blower, tranny, and the cost of the car. I'd wouldn't even consider anything less than $20k, but nobody in their right mind would pay that. I'd be lucky to get anything close to $15,000 for my current setup.

Who knows, throw out there for $18,000 and see who comes knocking. You never know. Nice car whatever you decide to do. Any under hood pics?

yeah tell me about it.. I have over 30k in the car easy.. I should add up all my receipts and calculate it. I saved tons of money cause I did like over 90% of all the work myself too!
And yeah everyone tells me the same thing about how good it still looks for having so much miles, but it has always lived a pampered life from the previous owners aswell.
The car has 2 small little dents that arent noticeable unless I tell you where they are and a couple of light scratches on the door and thats about it.
I'll look for some pictures of under hood, I know I have some around here somewhere...

buddha93

Established Member
Damn, that's nice. :thumbsup:

How are the underhood temps? Did you make the inlet pipe for it, or is that an upgrade to the Hellion kit?

Hotrods and toys are great until you try and sell them, even in a good economy. It seems like every person that comes looking wants something for nothing. If it were me, and you obiously know what your doing, I'd pull the turbo and tranny out and get it as close as to stock as you could get it before I'd let it go for anything less than $20,000.

Oh ya, I don't add the receipts, it'll just depress you.......lol! No doubt you've got 30k in it if you bought the parts new.

red95gts

Established Member
BEAUTIFUL!!!

I recently tried to sell my turbo 91 coupe and didn't get any offers over $8K. I determined that since I didn't need to sell it, I'd just hang on to it until times are better. Yours is considerably nicer than mine, for sure - but I'm afraid you wouldn't get what it's really worth. If you gotta sell, then dow what you have to. If not, I'd strongly recommend hanging on to it.

If you don't mind me asking, what spindles are you using in the front and what width is the rear (i.e. std. Fox, 93 Cobra, or SN95?). I'm looking at doing some 03 Cobra wheels on mine and these pics help me make that decision... :)

bad93svt

Established Member
I am the local guy kevin spoke about..
I added 17k in reciepts for parts alone
I bought the car for 10k 4 years ago (thought I stole it at the time)
so I would say 30k invested plus like you, I do all the work myself & a friends help. so figure another 5k in labor.
It got bid to 15100 on ebay. I seriously considered it..but what kept me from selling it besides the principal sake is..

Replacement cost. If I sold it for 15-16... what could I buy?
the question is, a used honda civic..
with that being said.. advertise it on autotrader--run it til it sells-- ask what you would be happy with.
you will get every tom dick & harry calling negotiating over the phone.
be a dick, until the right person comes & buys it..

in the mean time. beat it, personalize it.. & have no regrets of the money you have lost. (our cars aren't collectible modifed)
and since they don't have under 10k miles they will probably never be.

hope this sheds light .
Jeff

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Damn, that's nice. :thumbsup:

How are the underhood temps? Did you make the inlet pipe for it, or is that an upgrade to the Hellion kit?

Hotrods and toys are great until you try and sell them, even in a good economy. It seems like every person that comes looking wants something for nothing. If it were me, and you obiously know what your doing, I'd pull the turbo and tranny out and get it as close as to stock as you could get it before I'd let it go for anything less than $20,000.

Oh ya, I don't add the receipts, it'll just depress you.......lol! No doubt you've got 30k in it if you bought the parts new.

It does get very hot, alot more then I want actually, but I have been hesitant to buy a cowl hood cause I know the paint matching will be difficult and I dont want the "sleeper" look messed with either...
The inlet pipe I made cause I had to recirculate the blow-off air back into the intake when I went with the Lightning meter cause I pegged the meter that came with the Hellion kit.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
If you don't mind me asking, what spindles are you using in the front and what width is the rear (i.e. std. Fox, 93 Cobra, or SN95?). I'm looking at doing some 03 Cobra wheels on mine and these pics help me make that decision... :)

If I remember correctly, the front spindles/hubs are off a 95 cause it was the same as the 93 cobra spacing
And the rear is off a 98 GT cause it was also the same as the 93 Cobra backspacing.
Sorry I cant give you exact years. Its been a long time since I did this modification. And yes I did the work myself too

Users who are viewing this thread