If the Canadian price is 51,999, then USD = hmm

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
So I see a post from a Northern stang brother that ordered his Shelby coupe for $51,999 CDN, with the current exchange rate that's equal to:
$46,795 USD. Plus gas guzzler, etc.

Wouldn't that indicate that the US MSRP is essentially going to be that amount? $46,795 or so.

What's the historic similarity in pricing for canadian vs american 03/04's? Historically, if you apply the exchange rates, are the cars' MSRPs nearly identical? If so, I think we have the price already, if not, then like Rosanna Rosanna Danna would say, "nevermind".

D.

Last edited:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
BTW, I'm just having fun playing with guesses a this point, with no info coming from Ford, I got a little bored, not really trying to make a point or anything, just thinking. I hope the historical trend is that stangs are much more expensive in Canada ...

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
a car price fluxuation can be very different from the exchange rate of a country. ford might be jacking up the canadian MSRP since they arent getting near as many as the US. just think of the price of those world wide suckers(i would imagine foreign people would want one pretty bad since there so rare, especially the australians and their V8/rear wheel drive love).

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
especially the australians and their V8/rear wheel drive love).

Which they need to share with us "mainlanders". I would love a 4 door Ford powered modern muscle car.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
Which they need to share with us "mainlanders". I would love a 4 door Ford powered modern muscle car.
no doubt, man! they have some awesome cars down there, and we're getting gyped with all this front wheel drive crap.

07 Shelby

Established Member
Daffy said:
So I see a post from a Northern stang brother that ordered his Shelby coupe for $51,999 CDN, with the current exchange rate that's equal to:
$46,795 USD. Plus gas guzzler, etc.

Wouldn't that indicate that the US MSRP is essentially going to be that amount? $46,795 or so.

What's the historic similarity in pricing for canadian vs american 03/04's? Historically, if you apply the exchange rates, are the cars' MSRPs nearly identical? If so, I think we have the price already, if not, then like Rosanna Rosanna Danna would say, "nevermind".
D.

Straight Canada to US Currency Conversion doesn't work I'm afraid. Or You should be Happy to know!
Unfortunately for us Canadians, Ford, GM and Daimler add another 8-10% on top of the Exchange Rate. In other words, I can go down to the US and buy a Mustang cheaper than I can here. Back in 2002, when the US dollar was worth $1.57 Canadian, the opposite was true. Ford and the others were afraid of losing market share so they artificially fixed the conversion price at around $1.22 Canadian. They were losing money, as compared to selling the same car in the US. Had they not done so a $25,000 US Mustang would have cost $39250 Canadian instead of $30500 Canadian. Maybe now that the US dollar is only worth $1.12 Canadian they're trying to make up for what they lost in the early 2000s?! :shrug:

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Latest HotRod magazine 'hints' that Ford is having to re-adjust the price point on the coupe to mid 40's... So... could in fact be more like $44K or so... for base coupe... or slightly optioned?

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread