If the GT500 is $85,000 are you in or out?

Snoopy49

Established Member
The BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert would be nice to have, but it is not worth $3000 to me. I will be passing on the tech package.

In the past, the following items were only available with the Electronic package. Now that they are standard, I don't see any need to buy the Tech package

Standard Equipment.
Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
Audio – AM/FM Stereo/Single CD Player and HD Radio™ w/9 Speakers

SYNC® 3
— Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System
— 8” LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack with Swipe Capability
—Pinch-to-Zoom capability included when equipped with available Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System
—AppLink®—911 Assist®—Apple CarPlay™and Android Auto™Compatibility
—Smart-Charging USB ports –two (2)

I also won't be buying the Exposed Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel.
The GT500 comes with the Shelby® Exclusive Aluminum Instrument Panel as standard equipment. It's just not worth paying a $1000 for a carbon fiber overlay.

LostM

Established Member
I am going back and forth on the Tech Package. I never use half this stuff and the B&O system in my truck sucks ass. The only thing I think I would like is BLIS and the puddle lamps but that is not worth the money to me.

Would the standard Sync 3 system integrate with Google Maps or Waze type apps?

Does not having the Tech Package significantly hurt resale value?
The BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert would be nice to have, but it is not worth $3000 to me. I will be passing on the tech package.

In the past, the following items were only available with the Electronic package. Now that they are standard, I don't see any need to buy the Tech package

Standard Equipment.
Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
Audio – AM/FM Stereo/Single CD Player and HD Radio™ w/9 Speakers

SYNC® 3
— Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System
— 8” LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack with Swipe Capability
—Pinch-to-Zoom capability included when equipped with available Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System
—AppLink®—911 Assist®—Apple CarPlay™and Android Auto™Compatibility
—Smart-Charging USB ports –two (2)

I also won't be buying the Exposed Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel.
The GT500 comes with the Shelby® Exclusive Aluminum Instrument Panel as standard equipment. It's just not worth paying a $1000 for a carbon fiber overlay.

I was in the same boat. with recaros, the seats dont matter. i actually dont like the BLIS. , I use android auto and unlim data on my phone for nav anyway.

BUT---- its 3k.. not that im buying for resale, but having the nav, and having the B&O, etc etc, means that its 1 notch higher than the other cars when that time comes. In the gran scheme of things, not a big deal.

now if painted stripes were like 5k and not 10, yea, tech is the 1st to go, and adding painted stripes

Snoopy49

Established Member
BUT---- its 3k.. not that im buying for resale, but having the nav, and having the B&O, etc etc, means that its 1 notch higher than the other cars when that time comes. In the gran scheme of things, not a big deal.

Having the Tech package won't have much effect on the resale, at least not enough to justify spending $3000. If it is something you want, that's all the justification you need.
Just remember you are in vesting in technology, which changes very rapidly.

Another thing to keep in mind is the availability of parts in the future.
Example:

untitled9.jpg

untitled10.jpg

LostM

Established Member
Having the Tech package won't have much effect on the resale, at least not enough to justify spending $3000. If it is something you want, that's all the justification you need.
Just remember you are in vesting in technology, which changes very rapidly.

Another thing to keep in mind is the availability of parts in the future.
Example:

View attachment 1583210
View attachment 1583211

i know.. its sad to say it, but i priced every single thing out, i like the stereo, but can do better aftermarket. nav I dont need, seat stuff N/A, BLIS i loathe.... so really, for 3k, im paying for ****ing puddle lamps

Snoopy49

Established Member
For $3000 they should throw in a something like the Bat signal using a Cobra that projects into the sky. I seem to be pretty good at finding puddles in the dark without a light.:)

conceptmachine

Established Member
Im doing a CFTP, performace blue, white stripes, with a stretch cover in blue logo and thats it. I don't have any electronics at all in the 350R and I don't miss it one bit, in fact, if I could order without, I would.
Having 2 S550 cars is hmmm... bordering on a bit much. I'd like a little more diversity. Would be nice to see the mid engine corvette before this order gets put in...but I guess the allocation can always be passed on to someone else. It will be a while before this baby gets built. Late availability, doesn't that mean calendar year 2020?! Yikes!!

Sparko

Established Member
I am placing my order tomorrow ( at MSRP ) for dealers first allocation. Definitely not CF package...maybe tech....your thoughts on the handing package...worth it ?

conceptmachine

Established Member
That is going to be a heck of a car and good looking too!
Likewise, that Rapid Red is too cool looking. It's hard not to choose it, but i fell in love with that performance blue when I seen it on the 350 back in 2015.
Still ... I may change it 5 times before it's all said and done hahaha

blk02edge

Established Member
Likewise, that Rapid Red is too cool looking. It's hard not to choose it, but i fell in love with that performance blue when I seen it on the 350 back in 2015.
Still ... I may change it 5 times before it's all said and done hahaha
Oh is that the same color that was on the media launch cars? I thought that was liquid blue?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I love that blue and think it looks gorgeous but I had a blue GT500 and feel I shouldn't do it again. A Race Red GT500 is going to look siiick! Too bad I had that color before too. As good as the orange looks I just can't do it. Black - positively evil (especially with flat stripes) but the upkeep is downright silly. The green looks awful to me and I'd be wondering what the **** I was thinking after a year or two. The silver appeals to me but doesn't knock it out of the park. The Rapid Red...quite a bit of contrast to the Race Red so I can slip by on that metric. It's an old man color and since I'm now an old man I think it is entirely fitting that I have a beast down under with some golf course class on top.

Bottom line - chicks with massive tits, flat stomachs, oversize buttocks and a low IQ's will be drawn like magnets to the mesmerizing hue that is, Rapid Red. Now where the **** are all my pills? I can't find them without my bifocals...

Snoopy49

Established Member
I love that blue and think it looks gorgeous but I had a blue GT500 and feel I shouldn't do it again. A Race Red GT500 is going to look siiick! Too bad I had that color before too. As good as the orange looks I just can't do it. Black - positively evil (especially with flat stripes) but the upkeep is downright silly. The green looks awful to me and I'd be wondering what the **** I was thinking after a year or two. The silver appeals to me but doesn't knock it out of the park. The Rapid Red...quite a bit of contrast to the Race Red so I can slip by on that metric. It's an old man color and since I'm now an old man I think it is entirely fitting that I have a beast down under with some golf course class on top.

Bottom line - chicks with massive tits, flat stomachs, oversize buttocks and a low IQ's will be drawn like magnets to the mesmerizing hue that is, Rapid Red. Now where the **** are all my pills? I can't find them without my bifocals...

I'm going to attract chicks with my new red car, damn that will be a first. At my age I would settle for an older lady with nursing skills.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

That’s one hell of a post, Tob.

Jeff D

Established Member
In on order base rapid red, tech, handling, vinyl black strips

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Answering the thread topic, I don't know. This new GT500 just isn't blowing my skirt up. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm starting to feel like my Mustang purchasing days are behind me now. I feel like I'm ready to graduate to some big boy toys now. If Ford ever builds a more compact (or at least much lighter weight) Mustang again, I'm all for it! If I did/do buy one of these, the Grabber Lime w/ black roof and CFTP would be my choice.

Users who are viewing this thread