If you have a remote breather...

TXEnginerd

Established Member
...what comes out when you empty yours?

I emptied mine today after probably 6 months since the last time but very little driving (probably less than 500 miles). As you can see, very little oil but lots of water, which I assume is from condensation.

A6zZNX.jpg

I want to think this is normal/acceptable given the time since I last emptied it, and the fact that the remote breather sits in my fender and it is an unsealed system making it susceptible to condensation in colder weather. But, I'd like to hear what others have seen in theirs or think about mine.

Thanks guys.

TXEnginerd

Established Member
Thanks for the response. Yeah, I think it's OK. It just had me worried when I first saw it because I wasn't expecting any water to be in there at all.

Blueline

Established Member
Warm air in, metal tank and the cool air around it will cause it. Looks normal. How are those exhaust tips doing? I actually sold your old ones with my last car and bought them back with the system for my new car lol! So I still have them

TXEnginerd

Established Member
Warm air in, metal tank and the cool air around it will cause it. Looks normal. How are those exhaust tips doing? I actually sold your old ones with my last car and bought them back with the system for my new car lol! So I still have them

Thanks. They are still lookin good! I traded with you around the same time I hand polished my magnaflow catback. The rear profile of my car looks so much better now.

What? I'm confused, is this a catch can on the pcv system?

Yeah I had a line from each valve cover grommet going down to a 2-port catch can with a breather filter in my fender. I just removed it in favor of a small filter on each valve cover instead. I had to take the wheel off to get to it and the stupid petcock valve rusted closed. Probably from all the water in the reservoir.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I get the same stuff out of mine, almost has a fuel smell to it. Completely normal.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yeah I had a line from each valve cover grommet going down to a 2-port catch can with a breather filter in my fender. I just removed it in favor of a small filter on each valve cover instead. I had to take the wheel off to get to it and the stupid petcock valve rusted closed. Probably from all the water in the reservoir.
Interesting, I've only drained oil out of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread