If you live in PA. READ THIS!!!

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I don't live there anymore, but I found this on another site.....

basically PA. is trying to make it illeagle (or at the very least a major pain in the ass) to do any sort of modifications to your car...if you do anything like changing your motor, suspension or trans mission, to simple stuff like hoods and sound system....your vehicle will be registered as "Modified" meaning it will effect how it is inspected lisenced and insuerd....

the main info is here (note how vauge it is, letting them inturpet it how and when they feel)

http://www.dot10.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/fs-recon.pdf

lots mor info here, but you have to hunt for the info..

http://www.dot10.state.pa.us/pdotforms/inspections/enhanced_si_guide.pdf

Like I siad I don't live there anymore,, bu tanytime someone get sa bunch of crap like this on the books, it makes it easier for other states to make it stick later...

this crap was "snuck through" and had no public vote before it was passed...

Call your state rep and complain or we will all be driving cars with no changes from factory.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
thanks for the info man. Im sure that my fox will be grandfathered in. Plus its almost a classic. Only driven about 100 miles a year. So this means I dont have to worry. But yeah , if i were into buying a brand new sports car and modding it , id be worried, a little maybe. Other than that, I dont care what they do.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I figure a lot of states will be pressured to enacted such legislation by insurance companies. That is why insurance companies like Haggerty and others that do specialized insurance will be big in the future. Insurance companies run this country like the big oil companies do. Only the insurance companies do it thru state legislatures. My boss is a big person in our state legislature and he says insurance company people tell them what rules to introduce or what ones to "Don't even think about!" It sucks but they do run the show for all of us.

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
Try living in CALIFORNIA......we are BENT OVER for Everything.....Insurance, Gas, Registration, and Modified Cars.....if it's Modified....keep it in the Garage...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
wvmystichrome said:
I figure a lot of states will be pressured to enacted such legislation by insurance companies. That is why insurance companies like Haggerty and others that do specialized insurance will be big in the future. Insurance companies run this country like the big oil companies do. Only the insurance companies do it thru state legislatures. My boss is a big person in our state legislature and he says insurance company people tell them what rules to introduce or what ones to "Don't even think about!" It sucks but they do run the show for all of us.

Tell HK I said hi, I'll be back in Gilbert soon.

LT Mig

man, and im always bitc$ing about how much NJ sucks and how great PA is and they have to go and do this. i just bought a house here for crying out loud.

i didnt read the article. they are not getting rid of the lick and stick inspection process are they?

FliteQH

FOXY5OH
Established Member
I've got a good mechanic, this year my tires measured better than they did last year :thumbsup:

PA SUCKS - I'm still waiting to buy beer in a gas station :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread