If you were to replace your stock wheels......

IMXCITD

Established Member
If you were going to replace your stock rims would you go 18's or step up to 20's? Do you sacrifice much ride quality with the 20's?

Which rims would you get and why?

thanks
Bill

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
a 20" tire isnt that much more if any more expensive then a 18... i have a set of 18's, 20's, and 16's... the only problem with 20's is that you cant get a Drag radial.... makes it no fun when you get caught in a race and you cant get traction.

as far as looks i love the 20's if the truck is lowered... if its not it looks like a rally truck all up in the air. ride quality only gets bad if you try to stretch a rubber band around the 20... make sure you have some sidewall and you'll be fine.

TXRickC

Established Member
I'd like a Boyds Timeless II, but it's gotta be a 20" looks too small with the 18"

I'm stickin' with stock though.

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
i'm trying to get a set of 20's right now. i like the jesse james wheels .44. if you race your truck often, then you should stick with 18's as they ride and handle better.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I think the 20's look better, but for Drag Radial purposes I'd have to stick with 18's. What you gain in traction is worth the trade-off in looks, for me anyways.

upinSMoKe

...still smokin'
Established Member
i phucking depise any 20's on Ls unless they're replicas ... keep em' stock ...but thats just me ....why in the hell would i buy a 13 second truck just to make it slower?

upinSMoKe

...still smokin'
Established Member
Dublightning said:
you should have kept your grill stock to! :poke:
bought the L with it already on it ...so what the phuck is ur point? that you think it makes me slower??? or i should of stayed stock? because i didn't even pay for it... and theres a huge difference between 20 inch gaudy rims killing your 60ft time ...and a grill?

Last edited:

Dublightning

Banned
upinSMoKe said:
bought the L with it already on it ...so what the phuck is ur point? that you think it makes me slower??? or i should of stayed stock? because i didn't even pay for it... and theres a huge difference between 20 inch gaudy rims killing your 60ft time ...and a grill?

wow relax chief, dont lose sleep over a comment! Show some class, instead of Phuck this Phuck that :smmon:

upinSMoKe

...still smokin'
Established Member
Dublightning said:
wow relax chief, dont lose sleep over a comment! Show some class, instead of Phuck this Phuck that :smmon:

just wanted 2 know why you said that... no bad blood here ..."phuck" is like in every other one of my posts

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
upinSMoKe said:

i dont think that anyone is going to race at the track with 20's on the rear... and if they do they sure arent going to be complaining on how slow the 60ft time was. i ran with mine on the front all summer

theres nothing guady with a good clean looking 20 on the L...
31678185_l.jpg

42349938_l.jpg

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
upinSMoKe said:
i phucking depise any 20's on Ls unless they're replicas ... keep em' stock ...but thats just me ....why in the hell would i buy a 13 second truck just to make it slower?

i think the replicas look like, well, replicas. they don't look good to me no matter the size. whats with that god damn lightning bolt on the center cap? i won't answer your question as to why YOU would buy a 13 sec truck to make it slower, but i will give you the reason that I would. i'm not a "track" guy. i love the L because its fast as hell on the streets. getting 20's, with a lowering kit, makes the L sit and look very nice. so now not only do you have a truck that will still kick most everyone's ass, you also have one that looks pimp!!

upinSMoKe

...still smokin'
Established Member
jazzkiller34 said:
i think the replicas look like, well, replicas. they don't look good to me no matter the size. whats with that god damn lightning bolt on the center cap? i won't answer your question as to why YOU would buy a 13 sec truck to make it slower, but i will give you the reason that I would. i'm not a "track" guy. i love the L because its fast as hell on the streets. getting 20's, with a lowering kit, makes the L sit and look very nice. so now not only do you have a truck that will still kick most everyone's ass, you also have one that looks pimp!!

like i said... thats just me... i knew 90% wouldn't agree... i just personally depise 20s on Ls... i think most... not all... are gaudy... like i said... love the replicas (ford2001svt's)... just love the stock look of the rims... love the old domestic muscle feel... i know not everyone is a "track" guy...
i didn't mean just ur 60ft time at a track... i meant 60ft time everywhere... in any race.... street or track... and i meant me... strictly myself... when i said why would I buy a 13 sec. truck just to make it slower?... thats just me...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread