ignition lock cylinder malfuntion....

2FAST4U

I'll Be Back!!!
Established Member
I have had it for a while, but I am usually able to free it up!!! But today of all days it wouldn't unlock. I called roadside assistance to pick up the truck to take to the dealer but while I was on the phone the lock cylinder decided to work so I took it to the dealer and they couldn't get it to malfunction, so I said "oh well"!!!

On the way home I had to make a couple of stops and on every stop the cylinder jammed, WTF!!!! :(

I was just wondering if any of you guys have had this problem. I think I am an isolated issue, but I wanted to see if I was the only one.

Mrelmtow

Established Member
Try moving the steering wheel back and forth while turning the key. I have seen when people get out of the vehicle while holding the steering wheel it moves and jams against the lock mechanism. Hpoe this helps!

Mike

2FAST4U

I'll Be Back!!!
Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys!!!!

Mrelmtow,

I always keep the steering wheel straight when I park so I am convinced that it is the lock cylinder.

Lightning Tim,

What I am experiencing is the lock cylinder on the steering wheel column is jamming and sometimes I have to free it up, but was unable to today. I know I am an isolated issue.

wuplash

Established Member
i don't think you are a isolated case as my 01L started to do the same thing just 2 days ago i only have 5,700 miles on it i just turn my ign key foward like i'am going to start it but without actually starting the truck a few times till it turns back like it is supose to then take the key out of ign this is what i do when i acts up.if it gets any worse will talk to my ford svt dealership about it.

Users who are viewing this thread