I'll buy one, how about you?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
For me it's going to depend on whther or not I can find a dealer who isn't marking them up. There's just no way I'm going to spend $45K or $50K for this car. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't afford that. But this car will not be worth anything more than $40K to me anyway. If I can get one for $40K, then I'll be driving one. If not, then I'll just stay with my supercharged Marauder. it's as simple as that for me.

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
Yep, like he said. No way I'm paying over MSRP.
But then again the following year there will be like new ones on used lots for the picking :)

Irish351C

Established Member
Agreed, it's msrp or I go see the General. BTW I just saw an ad in Autoweek for new Z06s at msrp. These folks want to sell cars.

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

I'm buying one, but not for more than 40k max. I'm guessing Ford is gonna sell it at around $38,500. The dealers will probably mark it up some. My dealer said he's gonna get me one at invoice or maybe $500-1,000 above. The only reason I'm getting the deal is because of numerous tranny problems I had with ny 99 Cobra. He said he's good friends with the owner and he'll take care of me. We'll see if he keeps his word though. I'm hoping to put 15k down and get the lowest interest loan with my excellent credit. Can't wait.

99 Cobra sold 06-25-05. Gone :cryying: but not forgotten.
Saving for the Shelby

Users who are viewing this thread