Im a civilian again!

Oceanside78

Established Member
Suck it Army. After 5 years of the 82nd's bullsh!! I'm done. Signed out today. Great feeling. No more good byes, no more hacks, no more commands, no more deployments, just me and my family. What a feeling!!!!!

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Congrats it must be nice! Im about to hit my 3rd year and am deciding if I want to stay in or not. Just found out my original 2 year orders got extended to another 2 :-/

Are you going to use up that GI now?

Oceanside78

Established Member
Grats! I have a friend in the 82nd...not too many nice things said lol

You've heard correct, but honestly, I wouldn't serve with a SINGLE unit in the regular Army besides them and 173rd after my overseas work with other units. 82nd sucks because they're "standards" hounds, other units suck cause they're ate up

TEG-84

Established Member
You've heard correct, but honestly, I wouldn't serve with a SINGLE unit in the regular Army besides them and 173rd after my overseas work with other units. 82nd sucks because they're "standards" hounds, other units suck cause they're ate up

Man, I had a totally different view on 173rd while deployed and supporting them in Afghan (07 - 09 I was in the 101st)...the guys/girls I supported were totally worthless...then, along came 125th out of Hawaii...which was even worse! Fun times indeed! lol :dancenana:

Oceanside78

Established Member
Man, I had a totally different view on 173rd while deployed and supporting them in Afghan (07 - 09 I was in the 101st)...the guys/girls I supported were totally worthless...then, along came 125th out of Hawaii...which was even worse! Fun times indeed! lol :dancenana:

Suppose it all depends on the brigade/battalion. The infantryman we'd get from leg units, not worth a damn, the ones we got from 173rd flowed well with us

TrevorR90

Banned
Man, I can't wait to get that feeling. I start terminal leave in 32 days. I was with the 173rd in Italy so I know the amount of BS that goes on in an airborne unit.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Congrats OP, I had a count down when I had a year left back in '09. Lol, I forgot what its called when you use your leave to get out earlier than your EAS.

Enjoy, trust me you're going to miss everything... Even the BS.

Users who are viewing this thread