I'm back.....943rwhp rebuild

stangman701

Rowing gears
Established Member
Car turned out awesome! I've got a Gen2R sitting here that I'm looking forward to trying on my car this spring. It's got a 4.5L Whipple on it right now, but I'd like to see a little more low end torque. Did you happen to get any 93 octane numbers? Also curious how the driveability is with the big Whipple throttle body. That's what I currently have, but I'm worried that I should go with a twin 72 before I start getting it tuned.

E55rocket

Established Member
Car turned out awesome! I've got a Gen2R sitting here that I'm looking forward to trying on my car this spring. It's got a 4.5L Whipple on it right now, but I'd like to see a little more low end torque. Did you happen to get any 93 octane numbers? Also curious how the driveability is with the big Whipple throttle body. That's what I currently have, but I'm worried that I should go with a twin 72 before I start getting it tuned.
Curious to see how your 4.5 is. I would guess it's going on a built engine? I should be getting my 4.5 whipple tuned next week with the 170mm whipple TB.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks gimmie11s!

Hey J! Glad to see you're doing well in spite of the horsepower addiction thing. Cars look great and wow on that garage! Like Bill said maybe we will see you at the track this year - SCMC track day at Keystone ( not scheduled yet but I can pass along the dates once they're set ). For some unknown reason your '66 is my favorite!?!?
Hey buddy, good to hear from you. And yes, I probably could have guessed :) Even though I wish it was a stick car, almost all of the original GT350Hs were C4 cars like mine. I'll def be returning it to black/gold, but I'm debating making it a fun handling 347/T-5 car, or a retro Paxton blower option/347/C4 car with the 'rent-a-racer' theme. Not going to cut it or do anything that can't be returned to original. I'll hit you up for some advice.

I'd like to get back to the Pittsburgh area for some races, but I'm not sure you guys don't come over to Norwalk for some of the races too, it's a first class facility.
So what's in your stable now?
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hi biminiLX, I live in Detroit and I am looking for the same work to modify the intake manifold for the Bigun intercooler. I have the intake manifold out already. Can you please tell me where I can get that done?

I talked to you before on the phone but not sure you still remember me or not.
Definitely man, despite what my wife says, I have a pretty good memory. I still love you're custom CAI and still have some of the projects in mind we discussed. Blowing up the gears and then the garage/rebuild projects pit things behind. Looking forward to getting some other things completed on the GT500 and hope to see you at some local events this year. It was tough having the GT500 down all of 2016.

I'll contact the shop that worked with me on those intake mods and see if they're interested in doing the same for you, I'm sure they will.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd def keep the 170 in front of a 4.5! I haven't driven this on the road, it will never see salt, but I'm sure you can get the 170 to work. Aren't you working with Lund thru Mike at Wolfpack Speed? I'm sure Lund can perfect the 170, I've heard he's great with the SCJ and KB168 ovals.

I ran the BPS twin 72 on my ported stock TVS and Lund tuned it trackside. The BPS and VMP twin 72s look very much like the older L&M twin 72. while they flow more or same as the FRPP SCJ oval, the big Whipple 170/KB 168 will def make more power on a 4.5
Good luck, looking forward to hearing how you both do with the big Whipple.
-J

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Bimini, outstanding.
Very well thought out. Both the car and garage!

Users who are viewing this thread