I'm back: Car update and a teaser :)

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Guys,

Sorry for being gone so long. Since the accident, it's been kind of depressing to come on here and browse, since I didn't know if I was actually going to get my snake back.

Here's an update: Dispute has been settled, insurance is covering the accident. Haven't been able to talk to the Fl. agent yet, so I don't have pics or damage specifics, but they didn't total it, and it's in the shop now. So I will have my snake back, but I still need to give the guy hell about the quality of the rebuild. Those that have gone through this, how does swapping out better parts work? Assuming they are the same price (or I pay the diff), is that a common thing?

Anyhow, here's the teaser, as promised. This is part of the 03/04 Cobra T-shirt and poster painting I am working on, along with the Reaper I previously posted. Still working on the painting, just taking a long time:

snkteasr.jpg

Hope you guys like :)

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
THanks :) It's still pretty rough, and it's a pain in the ass to paint. I've spent probably 200 hours on that much alone, and there is SOOOOOO much more to go, but it's getting there. The reaper and the Cobra are the two main figures in the painting, and they probably constitute 50% or so of the whole thing, so considering I'm pretty much done with the reaper, and I'm about 40% done with the Cobra, I figure I've got another 400 or so hours of painting to go.

Sorry for the rambling, it's late (early?), and I've been drinking since 8PM :)

03redfiresnake

Established Member
looks real good ! I'm glad you're back, I always have to smile reading your posts because I think back to your loaner car story !!! anyway, I'm glad things worked out with your insurance company.
mark

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by 03redfiresnake
looks real good ! I'm glad you're back, I always have to smile reading your posts because I think back to your loaner car story !!! anyway, I'm glad things worked out with your insurance company.
mark

LOL, thanks man. I'm shocked anyone remembers the Echo story. What a rolling turd that thing was. :)

blk96SVT

Established Member
That looks sweet, hopefully you get your car back in the same condition it was in before the accident.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Thanks guys :)

Still trying to get a hold of the insurance guy, but yea, it had better be as good (or better) than it was before the accident, or they can keep it.

As for the painting, keep in mind that its still pretty rough, I just wanted to give you guys an idea of how its starting to look.

Oh, and Sailing2, I got a job offer 2 days later. I'm working from home writing and editing books. :) Thanks for the concern though :beer:

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
If you want to upgrade parts they will give you how ever much it is for a replacement part and then you pay the difference for the part you want. I"m glad youre back we've missed you.

CobraTone

Established Member
Good to hear things are working out with your car, I can't even imagine the hell you went through. :nonono: Hope everything turns out the way you want it. That painting looks badass, I would take it right now as is! :beer:

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
Was wondering where you have been, glad to know things are working out for you. Stay in touch with us.

Almost forgot, the painting looks wicked. Can't wait till it's done.

Last edited:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Thanks Yates. Told you guys I wasn't going anywhere, I just needed to know SOMETHING about the car. It was too depressing to visit without knowing if I was even going to get it back. Now I can't wait until they get the thing fixed, I'm dieing to drive :)

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
If you lived closer I would have to lend you the keys so you could get your fix filled until your car is ready. Whatever happens don't get depressed, it's never as bad as you might think.

sonic cobra

Established Member
Happy to have you back, always enjoyed your posts glad things are coming back together for you. Great painting. Later...

Users who are viewing this thread