I'm Confused

BigMattfromNJ

Established Member
according to Ryan at JDM it should be good for just a 6# pulley. me and him have been emailing back and forth all day about my tune and he says the 90mm maf should be fine for what the truck will be making with just a 6# lower and a intake.

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
Well I hope so. All my truck will have on it will be a jlt cai, sct3 with tune, 90mm maf, 6#pulley, and some tr6's. By the way are you guys using the 160 degree thermostat and if so any problems?

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
A stock 90mm MAF "should" be enough for a 6# pulley, but it's best to check your MAF counts to make sure. In the right (or wrong) circumstance, it could peg.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
A stock 90mm MAF "should" be enough for a 6# pulley, but it's best to check your MAF counts to make sure. In the right (or wrong) circumstance, it could peg.

exactly...where you are has a huge play on things.
I ran a 6# with a good tune with no problems. I just picked up the Mafia as added insurance

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I was close to pegging my MAF counts with just a 4lb lower. Get the MAF extender and follow Fades advise. It's cheap insurance.

Stewie 03

Established Member
+ 1,000,000

With just a 4lb'er and other intake mods as listed I decided I didn't want to risk it (in the winter especially) and I threw on the BA 2600 for safety. The nice thing is that should be the last MAF I'll ever need!

EnglishAdam

Established Member
Mine doesn't peg in cold weather but every truck is different.
Get it tuned on a dyno and datalog the counts from the MAF. It's the only way to be sure.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
keep your eye out for one in the classifieds...they pop up pretty often.

Users who are viewing this thread