I'm confused...

blwn306

Established Member
So I just saw a ad for aljazier having its own station here in the US...
Weren't these the same guys that backed our enemy's and spread American hate propaganda?

blwn306

Established Member
Never knew that...guess there finally gaining ground to promote...I don't understand how they would be allowed to operate here

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Aljazier, huh?

You mean Al-Jazeera? Do a little reading, you might be surprised by who and what they actually support. I've been in their offices in Doha, Qatar several times and met some great people who worked there. The fact that they would play tapes sent in by Al Qaeda that the American media would not does not make them supporters of terrorism.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
So a non-bias news outlet?

For the most part. I'm sure they weren't too happy with us blowing up their building in Iraq during the war or blocking them from NYSE but they certainly don't encourage violence against America. They are also the only station that I ever watched in the M.E. that wasn't afraid to criticize members of the royal families.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
I watch Al-Jazeera fairly often along with BBC News. The local PBS station carries both along with the Israeli news and news from a couple other countries. It is interesting to hear the spin on the same event from different angles. Generally the BBC has the best no BS coverage.

Too40gawlf

Banned
Al Jazeera is better reporting than 90% of the cable news networks.

When the Syria thing first kicked off in 2011, AJ was getting some amazing feeds where the CNN/FOX/MSNBC networks were getting complete shit.

blwn306

Established Member
lol what I had seen from other news outlets back in the iraq war they were labeling this station as a enemy source. this was years ago and then one day I see them promoting on T.v. So I was a bit confused. Since Obama has been in office I haven't really been paying attention to any news outlets because it has become very clear that its all screwed up and we will never really know the truth.

coposrv

Established Member
I watch Al-Jazeera fairly often along with BBC News. The local PBS station carries both along with the Israeli news and news from a couple other countries. It is interesting to hear the spin on the same event from different angles. Generally the BBC has the best no BS coverage.

Exactly this.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I'm looking forward to having them here. As it's already been mentioned, their reporting is worlds better than cnn, msnbc etc. They aren't afraid to criticize politicians, companies etc and their journalism isn't nearly as biased.

Users who are viewing this thread