Im excited about my new weapon......

SkipBuxton

Established Member
Nikon D90 - 12.3 Megapixels - first camera on the planet that shoots video in HD - equivalent of 720P. It is truly amazing the shots it creates. I am upgrading from a D50 - which is a great camera and is for sale. I will be doing a shoot with my vehicles later this week.........

101_2665.gif

SkipBuxton

Established Member
This is a very high end prosumer camera.......... the same processor as the professional d300. The camera has only been on the market about 30 days. I paid $1234 at Circuit City - which is the best price I could find and be able to go pick up the camera myself. It is not for a beginner though........... lots of manual settings and the menus and options never stop. It has in camera editing.........the list never ends.

mustangman2424

Established Member
About time somebody picked one of these up. I have been wanting a Nikon D80 and a Canon HV30 for a while now, but if this camera seems good enough, I will just get it instead of having to get two different items.

InfraRed

Skyline
Established Member
pretty sick dude. i'm waiting on the canon 5d mkII that is like 20 something mp and shoots in 1080 hd

SkipBuxton

Established Member
It blows away the D80 - I have shot with the D80 - I was looking at a D80 until I found out NIKON did this. Yeah......it is expensive - but you as always - you get what you pay for.

SkipBuxton

Established Member
pretty sick dude. i'm waiting on the canon 5d mkII that is like 20 something mp and shoots in 1080 hd

Wow........ that will be amazing. Remember - 1080i .......and 720p are the same picture quality. The best picture out there is 1080p. P stands for pixels and I stands for interlaced. Interlaced does not provide the picture quality that pixels do. That Canon 5d mkII will set you back the cost of whipple and all supporting mods !!

XtraTQ

Established Member
That camera is going to be sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures taken with it.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Wow........ that will be amazing. Remember - 1080i .......and 720p are the same picture quality. The best picture out there is 1080p. P stands for pixels and I stands for interlaced. Interlaced does not provide the picture quality that pixels do. That Canon 5d mkII will set you back the cost of whipple and all supporting mods !!
enjoy the camera and post some pics when they're ready

read up on terminology, P=progressive, I=Interlaced. It comes from broadcasting/video and has no relation to pixel. It refers to lines of resolution. Does the D90 shoot mute movies or does it have a microphone?

SkipBuxton

Established Member
It shoots video with sound. -- The 300 does NOT shoot video. The D300 is a bigger body camera - with more AF technology (not much) - a little faster at 8 frames per second. The D90 is 5 frames per second. The D90 is a homerun for NIKON - but there will be others offering the same soon - but not for the price of the D90.

Thanks for the info CalcVictim. My wife works for Time Warner Cable and she knows alot about that stuff - so in the midst of our conversation about the technical stuff I was thinking pixels in regard to cameras of course.

Last edited:

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
It shoots video with sound. -- The 300 does NOT shoot video. The D300 is a bigger body camera - with more AF technology (not much) - a little faster at 8 frames per second. The D90 is 5 frames per second. The D90 is a homerun for NIKON - but there will be others offering the same soon - but not for the price of the D90.

Thanks for the info CalcVictim. My wife works for Time Warner Cable and she knows alot about that stuff - so in the midst of our conversation about the technical stuff I was thinking pixels in regard to cameras of course.
stop posting and start shooting :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread