I'M GOING TO DO IT ANY.........

NOGM4ME

Wasted Rock Ranger
Established Member
:p Was at the local Ford store today to make an appointment to have the rear window replaced in the Cobra (blacked out edge seperating from glass at top edge) and was talking to the service manager about all the troubles at my selling dealers service department. He sympathized and proceeded to tell me about 2 Cobras out back Both had mods and abused (raced). One had an off road x-pipe, chip, cat back, pulley and a blown engine. The other had rubber covering the rear quarters and rear end blown completely apart housing and all. I still love my car and the modifications are going to happen anyway even after seeing all this. I think in my opinion that if you live outside of the warranty guidelines you better be ready to pay for the damage. A little common sense would have went a long way for these other 2 fellows like demodifying and at least cleaning the car up before returning it for work (at least they didn't try to hide what they had been up to) and the power train warranty was voided on both cars for good. Just wanted to share what I heard! This is still the favorite of all the Mustangs I've owned. ( 69 Boss 302 , 69 Mach I, 76 Mustang II and a 93 5.0 LX) :burnout:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
great post man. You put it right on. You are buying a car from a company and modifying it to your benefits so you shouldnt expect the company to be responsible for damages caused by our modifications. If the mods were deemed safe, it would have come like that from the factory.

Terminator03

banned
Well every mod in the world isnt gonna change the big gap by the valve guid in the driver side cylinder. But if your modded at all your voided. Ridiculous in my mind that a part that comes from the factory screwed up isnt replaced no questions asked. All the compression in the worl isnt gonna change how a head is formed.

Users who are viewing this thread