I'm going to have to start betting on the Pony's

slick4_6

Established Member
LONDON - A lucky gambler has made 1 million pounds, or about $1.97 million, from a 50 pence ($1) bet, British bookmaker William Hill said Saturday.

The man, who William Hill has not identified, correctly guessed the outcome of eight horse races Friday, beating odds of two-million-to-one.

He walked into a William Hill branch in the north England town of Thirsk and placed wagers on eight horses in eight different contests in a so-called “accumulator bet,” the company said.

His first win came when a horse called “Isn’t That Lucky” won the 2:55 p.m. race at the Sandown track, southwest of London. By the time “A Dream Come True” crossed the finish line at the Wolverhampton racecourse in central England later that evening, the man had won 1 million pounds.

William Hill spokesman Graham Sharpe says the man was oblivious to his win when he came to a different William Hill branch Saturday to place more 50 pence bets. Sharpe said the man had not won any of Saturday’s wagers, losing 2.50 pounds.

“If he does it another 400,000 times we’ll have it all back,” Sharpe said.

William Hill, one of the biggest players in Britain’s gambling industry, operates more than 2,000 betting shops across the country.

http://sports.yahoo.com/rah/news?slug=ap-isntthatlucky&prov=ap&type=lgns

canibus

Established Member
The horses is probably the hardest form of gambling. I consider myself a betting man but i won't touch the pony's I've lost lots of money before. Some people have a knack for it but it's just too dificult. Every once in a while you get a guy who bets the minimum who won a fortune. It's good for the sport cause it gives other bettors false hope.

Users who are viewing this thread