I'm kind of on the fence here.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
So here's my situation: I ship off for Marine Corps recruit training in late June. After that, from my knowledge, it's MCT then after that off to Pensacola for my MOS school. Now as far as I know you are not allowed to have a car at MCT and some have told me that you also can't have a car at certain MOS schools either.

I'm really debating on selling the Mach sometime before I ship off to Parris Island. I've had it for 4 years and I absolutely love the car, but I've got the itch for something different like a 2013 WRX. But, I know I won't have the funds for that for a while. If I do sell the Mach, I will probably end up with just a daily beater. I wouldn't mind an older Jeep.

Part of the reason I want to sell it is because, like I said, I'm wanting something different, and I also don't want my car to just sit here at my parent's house for the next two years. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to buy it back sometime down the road.

Anyway, what would you guys do?

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
I'd keep it. Buying it back down the road is iffy. Someone might total it, not want to sell it, rape the shit out of it, etc. I would store it and ship out. When you come back, you'll be glad you kept it.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
I'd keep it. Buying it back down the road is iffy. Someone might total it, not want to sell it, rape the shit out of it, etc. I would store it and ship out. When you come back, you'll be glad you kept it.

That's what I'm starting to lean towards, but I don't know, I'm just really wanting something different. A buddy of mine just got a 2013 WRX as an early graduation present and I love it.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
That's what I'm starting to lean towards, but I don't know, I'm just really wanting something different. A buddy of mine just got a 2013 WRX as an early graduation present and I love it.

I would never consider buying a foreign car so if it were me I would keep it. I would rather you tell me you are considering a camaro than a Subaru. Btw thank you for your service.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
I would never consider buying a foreign car so if it were me I would keep it. I would rather you tell me you are considering a camaro than a Subaru. Btw thank you for your service.

Thanks bud.

I don't know man, I drove my buddy's a couple times and I love the way it feels. The handling is great.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If you love the car, hang onto it, save up money and decide if you want to mod it or buy something else. I know if I was in your situation, my pops would take good care of my car

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Keep it. Do a proper long term storage treatment on it. Once you sell it, odds of getting your car back are slim, they get even slimmer if you want it back in the same condition you sold it in. Use the two years to pay it off (if it isn't) and once paid off, bank your money for new toy. One can NEVER have too many toys.

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member

Thats a hell of a gift. Subarus are excellent cars. Ive owned 3 and am currently looking for a used WRX to keep the miles off the Terminator. That being said if it were me id keep the Mach and save up some coin for a while.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Thats a hell of a gift. Subarus are excellent cars. Ive owned 3 and am currently looking for a used WRX to keep the miles off the Terminator. That being said if it were me id keep the Mach and save up some coin for a while.

Thanks. My Mach was a gift as well.

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
So here's my situation: I ship off for Marine Corps recruit training in late June. After that, from my knowledge, it's MCT then after that off to Pensacola for my MOS school. Now as far as I know you are not allowed to have a car at MCT and some have told me that you also can't have a car at certain MOS schools either.

I'm really debating on selling the Mach sometime before I ship off to Parris Island. I've had it for 4 years and I absolutely love the car, but I've got the itch for something different like a 2013 WRX. But, I know I won't have the funds for that for a while. If I do sell the Mach, I will probably end up with just a daily beater. I wouldn't mind an older Jeep.

Part of the reason I want to sell it is because, like I said, I'm wanting something different, and I also don't want my car to just sit here at my parent's house for the next two years. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to buy it back sometime down the road.

Anyway, what would you guys do?

Yes.for mct you won't be able to take your car as you will only be there for like 23 days and since your from "merica" I really can't say with coast your at. Now for your MOS school only thing that comes to mind is "field radio operator" right?? You can take your car but again it might not be worth it as you will be in the field 80-90% of the time maybe a bit less and possibly just have weekends off on that it will be totally up to you.

And just like most have been saying keep it as most likely wherever you get stationed besides Japan you will need a car and e-1 thru e-3 pay sucks ass so having your own car will help alot....id say wait at least until you pick up e-3 to decide if your gonna sell or and get yourself another car....so that would be my $.02 to you....good luck man

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Yes.for mct you won't be able to take your car as you will only be there for like 23 days and since your from "merica" I really can't say with coast your at. Now for your MOS school only thing that comes to mind is "field radio operator" right?? You can take your car but again it might not be worth it as you will be in the field 80-90% of the time maybe a bit less and possibly just have weekends off on that it will be totally up to you.

And just like most have been saying keep it as most likely wherever you get stationed besides Japan you will need a car and e-1 thru e-3 pay sucks ass so having your own car will help alot....id say wait at least until you pick up e-3 to decide if your gonna sell or and get yourself another car....so that would be my $.02 to you....good luck man

Thanks for the insight. I'm on the east coast. I'll actually be in Pensacola for my MOS of aviation electronics. Will that make a difference on taking the Mach to Pensacola?

rockinrhodes

IsThereSomethinInMyTeeth
Established Member
It's all about what YOU want. If you want the Mach now and plan on wanting it later, keep it. If you don't, sell it and try not regret it later.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Thanks for the advice y'all. I guess I'm just going through pre-separation anxiety. It's probably in my best interest to keep it.

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
Thanks for the insight. I'm on the east coast. I'll actually be in Pensacola for my MOS of aviation electronics. Will that make a difference on taking the Mach to Pensacola?

For aviation...yes it would be who of you to take it as far as I low your school will be over a year and correct me if I'm wrong but your going in on a 5 year contract right??
You do know if you fail out of that you get pushed down to another not so great job and you keep your 5 year to do

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
For aviation...yes it would be who of you to take it as far as I low your school will be over a year and correct me if I'm wrong but your going in on a 5 year contract right??
You do know if you fail out of that you get pushed down to another not so great job and you keep your 5 year to do

I signed for 4 years active and 4 years reserve. I'm not worried about failing out of my MOS school. My ASVAB scores were very good and I would say I'm ahead of the curve when it comes to tools and electronics, that's partially why I picked the MOS I did. Even so, if the MOS schooling is harder than I thought it would be, that's nothing some hard work and studying can't fix. It's always been my dream, so I'll do what I have to in order to achieve it.

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
I signed for 4 years active and 4 years reserve. I'm not worried about failing out of my MOS school. My ASVAB scores were very good and I would say I'm ahead of the curve when it comes to tools and electronics, that's partially why I picked the MOS I did. Even so, if the MOS schooling is harder than I thought it would be, that's nothing some hard work and studying can't fix. It's always been my dream, so I'll do what I have to in order to achieve it.

Well thats good man it just that during my time I saw so many people get the green winnie...you will know later what that is.....but then again times change so it might be way different....but either way man good luck and enjoy it I had a hell of a time and liked everything of it

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Well thats good man it just that during my time I saw so many people get the green winnie...you will know later what that is.....but then again times change so it might be way different....but either way man good luck and enjoy it I had a hell of a time and liked everything of it

Thanks.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
MCT you cant have a car, as far as Pecola goes I can talk to a buddy of mine that just left there a few weeks ago and get the low down for ya. He was helicopter mechanic or some shit. I was down there for intel schooling. I just went thru all of that less than a year or so ago so pm if you have questions man

Users who are viewing this thread