I'm Moving to Cocoa Beach, Anyone there?

SVT GI

Established Member
Nice! Let me know when you need the pinion angle dialed in if you don't already have it by the time I get there.

BTW, do you still have the IRS? More specific, the LPW cover :-D

stangliter04

Established Member
Nice! Let me know when you need the pinion angle dialed in if you don't already have it by the time I get there.

BTW, do you still have the IRS? More specific, the LPW cover :-D

No... sold the IRS with the cover. Pick one up if you get a chance! Great piece.

jbes3

Established Member
SVT GI-

I am coming out of a special duty and put Patrick on my BOP list. No other bases, LOL! Hopefully, I will be heading down there in April-May 2011.

What job are you doing down there?

SVT GI

Established Member
SVT GI-

I am coming out of a special duty and put Patrick on my BOP list. No other bases, LOL! Hopefully, I will be heading down there in April-May 2011.

What job are you doing down there?

Are you going back to your CAFSC? I have known a lot of people putting only one base after a short tour and got their choice. As far as doing that from a special duty...I'm not sure. It depends on vacancies.

I'm a 2GO71 (Log Planner), and I am actually using the EFMP program for a reassignment. My daughter has some medical issues that are not able to be taken care of at Malmstrom. With the EFMP, it goes by vacancies, then the medical care availability. Luckily I made MSgt this year because that was the vacancy and of course Orlando has everything my daughter needs.

Aren't they closing that base down, or making it pretty much almost inactive? My company, Suddath, is moving tons of stuff for them.

That was the way they were going a while back. And a new piece of information is they are converting a lot of positions to Civil Service instead of all the contractors. It is true that the active duty side has the smallest foot print there but as long as there is deployments, I will be there. I work for Installation Deployments, so every tasking that comes down comes through my hands first.

I am going to be 1 of 10 active duty in my squadron, but with a ton of civilians. If they ever decide to make my position civilian, hopefully it takes 4 years that way I can retire and move right in haha.

jbes3

Established Member
Are you going back to your CAFSC? I have known a lot of people putting only one base after a short tour and got their choice. As far as doing that from a special duty...I'm not sure. It depends on vacancies.

I'm a 2GO71 (Log Planner), and I am actually using the EFMP program for a reassignment. My daughter has some medical issues that are not able to be taken care of at Malmstrom. With the EFMP, it goes by vacancies, then the medical care availability. Luckily I made MSgt this year because that was the vacancy and of course Orlando has everything my daughter needs.

That was the way they were going a while back. And a new piece of information is they are converting a lot of positions to Civil Service instead of all the contractors. It is true that the active duty side has the smallest foot print there but as long as there is deployments, I will be there. I work for Installation Deployments, so every tasking that comes down comes through my hands first.

I am going to be 1 of 10 active duty in my squadron, but with a ton of civilians. If they ever decide to make my position civilian, hopefully it takes 4 years that way I can retire and move right in haha.

I am going back to my PAFSC, yes. It's 2M0X3, so there are positions down there. I talked to my functional who said that every missile base is at least 100% manned, so I "should" get my BOP. HAHA, you know how the Air Force is though, so we'll see what happens. I should know in a week or so.

He also told me that if I didn't put in a BOP, I would be headed to Malmstrom, as they were the least overmanned. I did a little time up North, and DO NOT want to go back. It makes traveling home a beast of a trip, and Winters are too long.

Hope your move goes well, and I hope to be heading down there in May...

jbes3

Established Member
SVT GI- Called my functional today. Because some things changed, looks like I will instead be headed to Malmstrom. HAHA. Looks like I need to start posting in the Midwest Taste of Home.

SVT GI

Established Member
SVT GI- Called my functional today. Because some things changed, looks like I will instead be headed to Malmstrom. HAHA. Looks like I need to start posting in the Midwest Taste of Home.

oooooh sorry man. Well...the summers are nice! I got here in Jan and coming from Vandenberg I froze to death. Pretty bad when a plugged in diesel truck dont want to start in the mornings.

jbes3

Established Member
oooooh sorry man. Well...the summers are nice! I got here in Jan and coming from Vandenberg I froze to death. Pretty bad when a plugged in diesel truck dont want to start in the mornings.

Yeah, I guess Robins was my nice warm break between Minot and Malmstrom...

Vandyland may still be a possibility; I just don't know if I want to be an instructor now. DId you know a guy named Dave Reed out there in Vandenberg?

SVT GI

Established Member
Yeah, I guess Robins was my nice warm break between Minot and Malmstrom...

Vandyland may still be a possibility; I just don't know if I want to be an instructor now. DId you know a guy named Dave Reed out there in Vandenberg?

Wow...I guess you do know what cold is being at Minot. You missile guys dont have a lot of places to go. Funny thing is that I've had 2 career fields (CE,LRS) and in 16 years and absolutely nothing to do with missiles, I still cant get out of Space.

Name sounds very familiar, unit, rank, job? Did he have a supercharged Fox?

jbes3

Established Member
Wow...I guess you do know what cold is being at Minot. You missile guys dont have a lot of places to go. Funny thing is that I've had 2 career fields (CE,LRS) and in 16 years and absolutely nothing to do with missiles, I still cant get out of Space.

Name sounds very familiar, unit, rank, job? Did he have a supercharged Fox?

Your post made me think you were missiles.

Dave is a MSgt now, he's back in Minot. He had a blue/gray Procharged fox. I think he was working on a turbo car. He helped me a ton when I had my 93 back in Minot.

Users who are viewing this thread