Im so stupid

SvtCobra581

I was on the interstate a few days ago speeding like a dumba$$ because i was trying to get somewhere and they had a few cops around the bend on the intestate clocking people and they pulled me over for going 104 in a 60. They told me to step out of the car and they searched me and then cuffed me and arrested me and searched and impounded my car. I didn't believe at all i going over 100 because when i saw the cop ahead i looked down immediately and i was going about 90, then i hit my brakes but I didn't think it was a smart idea to question him about the speed because i knew i was speeding. I will definitely be going to court and paying the ticket but what should i do? This is my first speeding ticket ever, do i just plead guilty and pay the ticket? The ticket was for about 450 will they lower it any?

jshen

Established Member
SVTCobra 97 said:
I was on the interstate a few days ago speeding like a dumba$$ because i was trying to get somewhere and ..... i knew i was speeding.

You didn't just get a speeding ticket...you got arrested. If they fingerprinted and photographed you..you now have a record and you must go to court. Some states allow arrests and release with citation after posting bond so I'm not quite sure where you're at in the process. If they did a booking at the jail, you will need a lawyer.

In court say what you posted above ^. Judges like honesty and frankly, if anything will help you, that will.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
jshen said:
You didn't just get a speeding ticket...you got arrested. If they fingerprinted and photographed you..you now have a record and you must go to court. Some states allow arrests and release with citation after posting bond so I'm not quite sure where you're at in the process. If they did a booking at the jail, you will need a lawyer.

In court say what you posted above ^. Judges like honesty and frankly, if anything will help you, that will.

Jeff is right on with his advice.

SvtCobra581

i just wasn't sure if it would be easier but i can ask it here. I was just looking up the violation section no. and this was there
(G) A person violating the speed limits established by this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction for a first offense, must be fined or imprisoned as follows:

(1) in excess of the above posted limit but not in excess of ten miles an hour by a fine of not less than fifteen dollars nor more than twenty-five dollars;

(2) in excess of ten miles an hour but less than fifteen miles an hour above the posted limit by a fine of not less than twenty-five dollars nor more than fifty dollars;

(3) in excess of fifteen miles an hour but less than twenty-five miles an hour above the posted limit by a fine of not less than fifty dollars nor more than seventy-five dollars; and

(4) in excess of twenty-five miles an hour above the posted limit by a fine of not less than seventy-five dollars nor more than two hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than thirty days.

I was just curious on how they get the amount they fined me? From what this says above, unless im reading it wrong because i was fined 440 and arrested.

thanks for the help

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I'm betting there's more than just a speeding charge here which would account for the $440. You sure you didn't get wreckless thrown in there too?

U.M.

SvtCobra581

no, all it says is speeding. Because when i went to bond court she said why is he in here for speeding then the lady next to her said he was going 104 and the judge said this could have been wreckless driving.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
SVTCobra 97 said:
i just wasn't sure if it would be easier but i can ask it here. I was just looking up the violation section no. and this was there
(G) A person violating the speed limits established by this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction for a first offense, must be fined or imprisoned as follows:

(1) in excess of the above posted limit but not in excess of ten miles an hour by a fine of not less than fifteen dollars nor more than twenty-five dollars;

(2) in excess of ten miles an hour but less than fifteen miles an hour above the posted limit by a fine of not less than twenty-five dollars nor more than fifty dollars;

(3) in excess of fifteen miles an hour but less than twenty-five miles an hour above the posted limit by a fine of not less than fifty dollars nor more than seventy-five dollars; and

(4) in excess of twenty-five miles an hour above the posted limit by a fine of not less than seventy-five dollars nor more than two hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than thirty days.

I was just curious on how they get the amount they fined me? From what this says above, unless im reading it wrong because i was fined 440 and arrested.

thanks for the help

You were arrested for the misdemeanor. The TOTAL fine is $440, that includes the above noted fine for your speed above the posted limit, plus the other statutory fines and costs. I wouldnt be surprised if when you got to court, you were also charged with reckless driving.

Users who are viewing this thread