Importing custom tune to Predator

Bikeboy77

Established Member
I got a custom tune from Amazon Racing and I'm having trouble downloading the tune onto the handheld. The manual talks about opening "Xmodem" application on the computer but I cant seem to find any such program. I bought the handheld used, was it supposed to come with an installation CD? Any help would be appreciated as I'm starting installation of my KB tomorrow and it wont do me any good without a tune to drive it.
Thanks in advance!
Bob

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
oh no problem bro.

first load one of the performance tunes onto your truck (so the predator makes a back up of your stock tune)
Next head to radio shack and pick up a serial cable and A/C adapter+tip
hook te serial cable up to your PC's serial port (check system properties>device manager for the comport number and settings and check yoru predators options for the proper speed settings as well)
now go to diablosport.com and downlod the DWDownloader software and install it.
start up the DSdownloader software and hook up the predator up to the PC (both the serial and A/C)
once the predatorloads up and gets to the "main menu" click "get file from predator" in the DWDownloader software. This will make a copy of your original backup just iacase anything freakish happens.
now once that is done click "osend file to predator" and select your custom tune from where ever you saved it.
your predator should begin the loading proceedure and once itso complete it will tell you.
Now when you hook the predator up to yoru truck instead of "performance tunes" you will see "custom tune" load it and you are done.

now if you run into an error stating something along the lines of "your base files calid is TAU0y8 (or whatever)is invalid for your custom tunes calid is
TAU0YZ (or whatever) find your custom tune wherever you saved it (mine was under my documents) and rename your custom tune to the name of the tune that the DSDownloader software pulled off yoru predator (when you selected get tune from predator). Now once you rename your file hit "send tune to predator" and it should load without issue :)

sounds confusing but once you get it down its easy as pie.

Bikeboy77

Established Member
I keep getting error messages. The predator is hooked up through a USB port. I tried all 6 ports and only port 1 would start to do anything at all but after 15 seconds or so of trying to connect it will say device not found. Any ideas guys??

BriteRed20s

Established Member
Probably need the serial cable as the predator may not suport the USB. If you have a laptop you can power up the predator in your truck and do the download to the predator from the laptop.

Just my .02 as I am too old to know how to turn on my cell phone... don't ask me how I know this.

Bikeboy77

Established Member
ok.... So I got the right cable and atleast it starts to do something now. The computer starts to send the tune but then the predator says "file format not recognized"..... The computer continues showing that it's downloading until complete and says the download was completed successfuly. Unfortunetly the download program is lying to me.... any ideas on whats going on?

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
Your best bet and easiest way to solve your problem would to call Rick. He will help you out and walk you through it like Linn said. I called him yesterday and he gave me some very helpful info.

Bikeboy77

Established Member
I had tried calling yesterday but Rick was out running an errand. Ended up pulling the bed off to install the walbro 255 pumps and didnt get a chance to call back. I'll try again today when I get home from work...

Users who are viewing this thread