Impractical V8 daily driver suggestions needed

MTBSully

Established Member
Well my old job was 35 miles each way. That being the case i needed something that was comfortable and got decent fuel economy as my daily beater. My 07 acura TSX has fit the bill perfectly for the past 25k miles (1 year) and i absolutely love the car. Navigation, XM radio, heated leather memory seats, sunroof, etc. Loaded car.

That being said, I just got a new job that is 3 miles from my house, and that also has me traveling (aka not driving) 20-30% of the year. As such, my immature mind has wandered to the possibility of getting a luxury v8 daily driver now that fuel economy is not so much a concern.

So what are your suggestions? Still want leather, navi, xm, etc. Would prefer to keep it under $10k beater status. I can wait to find the deals. Have been looking at marauders, B7 audi s4, bmw 545i, jeep srt8 etc. What else? What am i missing?

Discuss. Help me make a poor life decision. Happy friday fellas.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Marauder would be fun, or an old Impala SS. The older SRT cars can be scooped for a pretty cheap now as well.

96SS-03.jpg

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
marauders are slower than a bowel movement unless you invest $5,000 for a supercharger

used AMG sedans have the performance but IMO too much maintenance and reliability concerns

im thinking lexus GS460 for rwd v8 power and luxury

buffalosoldier

Established Member
An old mercedes will eat you out of house and home trying to keep it running. Thats why they are so cheap. The last good year was prolly 89

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
My go-to for “under $10k V8” is and always will be the SN95 Cobra. I’m looking to sell my second one now because of where I am in life but will definitely own #3 at some point (and it will be a 95R).

He’s looking for a Boat luxury car.

Twisted2v

Established Member
I'm looking at 2011+ Caprice with a 6.2L

2nd choice is a BMW M6, and 3rd is an 18 Mustang 5.0 so joining the impractical crew as well.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'm very happy with my two choices. Both of these can be had for under 10 grand without much trouble (Marauder easily). The best part about the M5 is, when it comes time to sell, you won't really lose out on resale as even the high mile cars hold steady if in good shape. In general the prices are going up.

20180417_194743-X2.jpg

20180417_194753-X2.jpg

Adding Nav + SiriusXM to the marauder is as easy as one aftermarket double din radio (I have a Pioneer AppRadio in the black car and a X930BT in the red one). The M5 you can add all these features to the factory navigation with an intravee.

I don't know if I can advise the V8's in the E60's (545i, 550i), IIRC they have valve seat issues. Believe that's the N62 V8 in those. I have a friend who just picked up a 550i M sport 6spd manual and so far it hasn't blown up.

agreed, Benz every time over bmw.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if it's an incorrect one :D

marauders are slower than a bowel movement unless you invest $5,000 for a supercharger

A tune alone makes them run door to door with the GT's of the day, my daily beater one has bolt on's and is perfectly fine for daily driving. When I want to do 150+ MPH on the highway, I've got another black sedan for that.

Users who are viewing this thread