IMRC cleaned now car won't start.

96svtcobra

Established Member
well i finally got around to clean the IMRC butterflys, secondaries and replace the controller.

today i put everything back together along with new air filter, spark plugs, oil, and coolant.

bottom line is the car will not start. I put everything back together the way it came off. it sounds like it may not be getting fuel. when i turn the key everything on the cluster moves except for the oil guage

How should the fuel injectors look when seated. i can still see a little bit of orange which is right above trhe o-ring, but it will not go down further.

BTW tha car has been sitting for about 3 weeks, but was runing ok before

I NEED HELP ASAP

Thanks
stephen

Last edited:

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
When you say won't start, is it turning over and just not firing? If that's the case I think you got your plugs out of order when you changed them. Cleaning the imrc's is a pretty straight forward procedure with a slight concern about reinstalling the injectors. When you try to start do you smell gas in the engine bay? -Mark

96svtcobra

Established Member
i doubled check the plugs and everything is in the right order. i don't think it is getting gas.

anyways i'll check the wires again.

96svtcobra

Established Member
the button is already down and nothing. it seems like it is not getting any spark or fuel. i hear the fuel pump primming. mainly i think it is no spark but it sounds like shit when it trying to crank up. could it be a bad starter, if so will it sound funny when trying to crank up

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Did you plug the coil pack wire harness back in?? Make sure they are clipped all the way in. When i did my tune up i did by accident...

jdogwelch

Established Member
figure it out?

96svtcobra said:
the button is already down and nothing. it seems like it is not getting any spark or fuel. i hear the fuel pump primming. mainly i think it is no spark but it sounds like shit when it trying to crank up. could it be a bad starter, if so will it sound funny when trying to crank up

Did we ever figure out what went wrong? I am planning on doing this soon, and am concerned I will end up in the same position.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
i can't contribute any useful info., but i'm curious of what the solution is. so, when the answer is revealed, this thread will pop up in my "user cp"

jdogwelch

Established Member
Red98CobraStang said:
one question, why do people say "subscribing" in a thread:shrug: never really understood that? please school me someone.

I use it so that I can look up any previous post of mine with "user CP". It becomes a list of posts that I "subscribed" to.

Much faster less confusing then running a search.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread