IMRC Controllers

out99sider

Established Member
I have 2 different IMRC controllers I have seemed to accumulate. They both should work, with one of them being used for less than a couple weeks. I'm going to IMRC delete because I have a problem and it is not the controller. Make me some offers, keeping in mind these go for $150+.

Graves

Established Member
I don't know all that much about the DOHC motor yet, and I don't mean to hijack, but what's an IMRC and what's it do? What does the delete do and the benefit from the delete?

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
the imrc stands for the intake manifold runner control. there are two rows of holes going between the valley and the lower intake and what happens is that there are four on each side that are shut untill around 3400-3600rpms and after that rpm is hit then the other ones open up and let more air in. the reason for this is to keep the velocity up and keep some low end torque for the vehicle. it is the same idea for the honda v-tec design. putting in the deletes will loose you a little of hp and torque down low but allow for more air to flow up top (higher rpms) and not all the trouble of having to deal with the controller going out either. Less of a headache. I like mine no more check engine lights and no more laging.

speedy98snake

Needs another Cobra
Established Member
cobraboy169: did u have to get a custom tune to not get a Check Engine Light with the deletes?

Lolo

Users who are viewing this thread