WANTED: imrc delete plates that doesnt have flaps

shelbycobra

Established Member
i am almost ready to install my kenne bell on my 96 cobra and was looking to buy the imrc plates that doesnt have the flaps

Helomech74

Established Member
I have a nice used set of MMR billet delete plates for sale if you're interested. They have about 250 miles of use on them. Looking to get 200 bucks for them plus shipping cost.

shelbycobra

Established Member
are they the earlier version or the later one i read articles that they made chages to the later ones to work better and what do you think shipping would be to kimper ky 41539

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
i just found my old imrc plates thinking of having them tig welded up that should be ok shouldnt it

Yes, many people used to do it with JB Weld (myself included). The 98 had plastic IMRCs, so welding wasn't an option. I have since bought a pair of the MMRs used.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
so in your opinion thats what i should do then buy the mmr used

No not necessarily. Like I said, mine were JB Welded. I never really trusted it.
As long as you can weld yourself, or the finished product comes out cheaper than a set of MMR, then I say go for it.

But if you need to pay someone to do the work, then I'd go MMR.

Either way, I'd buy the MMR just to have on hand. Hell, if you dont, I may grab them off @Helomech74 He's a good dude and been here a long time.

Helomech74

Established Member
These are the newer version (They added locating holes for the gasket dowels.) If you can have yours welded, that's always a good option. If it doesn't work out, let me know. Shipping would be about 20 bucks, you're only about 6 hours away.

shelbycobra

Established Member
i will let you know something soon my nephew is going to tig mine up but if something happens they get warped i will for sure let you know so i can buy yours

shelbycobra

Established Member
I have a nice used set of MMR billet delete plates for sale if you're interested. They have about 250 miles of use on them. Looking to get 200 bucks for them plus shipping cost.
im interested in you imrc plates will they match up like my 96 aluminum ones do or do the mmr have a little offset like the first ones they made please let me know

Helomech74

Established Member
They matched up fine with my composite stock ones from my 98. I can't comment for sure about the match to the earlier aluminum ones, but I'd venture to guess that they should be the same. They can always be gasket matched or port matched to the intake as well if needed. The only difference that I'm aware of between the early and later versions of the MMR delete plates is the addition of the gasket alignment dowel holes, but I never had the earlier versions so I could be wrong about that.

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
I have a set of composite 98 OEM plates that have had the butterflies and shafts removed and jb welded up. $100 if you're still looking

Users who are viewing this thread