Imrc help

bianner

Established Member
So I did the imrc delete and now the car won-t stay on. It starts up but it dies. Doesn-t idle what could be wrong? I bled the coolin system to make ssure there was no Air in coolant.

luke87gt

Established Member
As stated above, check all your connections (electrical, vacuum, and fuel).

Other than losing a bit of low end torque and triggering a CEL in some cases, you should be absolutely fine with an IMRC delete mod.

Tune maximizes the potential but it should run just fine without a tune as well.

goat-ee

Established Member
As everyone else said double & triple check EVERY vacuum hose , and make sure you reconnected all of your electrics. That's IAC, MAF & so on.

Other than that, and don't take this the wrong way, but you are new here...your deletes do have all of the holes in the plate filled in between the various cylinders and the ends? Again, not intended to be an insult, but has been known to be done incorrectly and would give the exact symptoms your describing.

luke87gt

Established Member
Other than that, and don't take this the wrong way, but you are new here...your deletes do have all of the holes in the plate filled in between the various cylinders and the ends? Again, not intended to be an insult, but has been known to be done incorrectly and would give the exact symptoms your describing.

Uh oh...

Before moving on to anything else, let's make sure that we are ok here first...

Good call goat-ee

bianner

Established Member
yeah i filled all the wholes with panel adhessive that we use here at the shop when we replace a body panel(i work at a body shop)

bianner

Established Member
would a dirty maf cause this problem? it was exposed for a little bit when i had the intake off

luke87gt

Established Member
It would not hurt to see, but again, this smells to me of a connection problem (electrical, vacuum, and/or fuel)... Is it triggering a CEL?

Last edited:

bianner

Established Member
will i umplugged the iac and ir stayed on for a minute and idled fine. i cleaned it with carb and chocke cleaner and plugged it back in but it went back to doing the same.

goat-ee

Established Member
Try unplugging and checking the connectors and make sure you haven't bent any pins and plug back in, making sure you are fully engaged.

Again not being an a$$, because we have all done it, but whatever it is, it's something YOU TOUCHED during the delete installation. Don't start playing with other things until your absolutely positive that you have triple checked everything you touched.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
You need to reset everything. Disconnect the battery for a few minutes and turn on the headlights to make sure all juice is drained. Reconnect battery and take it out for a ride.

Users who are viewing this thread